Norland

350 Norland reviews

• Norland
SC
Sarah Clancy

Needs more social aspects Great student support

Imogen

The Norland community is like a family and with the chance to meet so many likeminded people, I could not recommend it enough. Bath is a stunning area to live and work, with so much available for all types of students; from a range of cafes and churches to night clubs and cinemas.

AN
Alidia Newlan

I really enjoy studying at Norland. It’s a smaller uni so the lecturers really get the chance to know you and you get to know them in a way. They have taken on suggestions well from current students so we get a chance to have a say in lots of areas through the student leadership team and feedback and suggestion forms. We have access to the bath spa student Union, however I haven’t used anything that is part of it, but it seems quite complicated to find from what I can remember.

TP
Tippy Pullin

Norland is like no other, it is such a unique place and feel very lucky to be a student - I believe that in the future I would love a stronger student union but even though Norland is a small uni they do offer us the chance to join other unions

Harriet

I’ve always wanted to attend Norland, I feel very supported and I love the course. I find it so interesting and the lecturers make it so much fun. The facilities are modern and an amazing standard and really help with learning.

RM
Rosie Morgan

I have really enjoyed my experience at Norland. There is great support from all staff. Everyone at Norland is friendly and helpful.

CM
Claire Mumford

Norland is like one great, big family. I’ve always felt so supported by everyone there. We get huge amounts of contact hours for lectures which has been great for the academic side of the course. Having half the year spent on placement has been a good form of blended learning meaning I can use my practical and academic skills in practice with children at the ages I am likely to work with. As part of the Student Staff Liason Committee, I have seen a lot of the ‘behind-the-scenes’ at Norland. The staff are constantly trying to make changes to help the students and really make an effort to hear our voices. It’s an amazing place!

Jadene

Norland has a nice intimate feel, but the library space is very small and the lecture rooms are quite bland with uncomfortable seating. Student support is very helpful.

HM
Harriette Mobbs

Enjoy lectures as they are interactive however the word part is not understanding assessments very well and finishing at 4:30

EB
Eve Burgess

Love the practical side of the course but I do struggle with the academic