Student reviews of Newman University, Birmingham

550 Newman University, Birmingham reviews

• Newman University, Birmingham
Chelsea

History BA (Hons)

My overall experience at Neman uni has been fab! Taking a gap year before starting I thought I’d really struggle to get back into the swing of uni life but Newman has helped me every step of the way. HEADStart gave me the boots I needed before my lectures began and has continued to support me through my whole uni journey and I am now a mentor on this programme! I can’t thank the lecturers enough- the history lectures are out of this world! They have been there for me always and supported me through my highs and lows. I could not have achieved what I have without the History lecturers! I have created friends for life who I couldn’t image my life without now!

Siedah

Newman University, Birmingham

Theology and Philosophy BA (Hons)

Couldn't ask for a better experience. Originally started at Nottingham University, I was told a pack of lies to get me to go there, it became obvious that the promises I was told about help with hours because of childcare was a lie, I spoke to my tutor and they also promised to help but then decided to email a week in telling me they don't know why I accepted their offer and I was basically told to leave. I applied to Newman in desperation and I'm so glad I did. The atmosphere is completely different, so relaxed and extremely supportive.

Work-Based Learning MA

I have loved my time at this university as it has helped me believe in myself as a learner and enabled me to set new goals for my learning that equally help me in my work. The staff have been fantastic, academic and pastoral and the Chaplaincy is a great space with people who model how to out your faith into practice. I love it all.

Sobia

Newman University, Birmingham

I feel at home and like I have a second family. It is like a tight knit community. You could sit in the atrium and speak to anyone and end up having a lovely conversation

Shannen

History BA (Hons)

Being in my third and final year of my undergrad, I can honestly say it's been a life-changing experience. Newman has helped me to blossom as a person and equipped me with skills and knowledge that will allow me to have a happy and successful future. The unconditional support from lecturers has allowed me to reach my potential and I've made some incredible friends. Overall, I'm so glad I chose to study at Newman and will remember my time there for the rest of my life.

Marie

Teaching and Learning Support - Foundation Degree Foundation Degree

Newman uni has been great so far! I adapted very quickly here, the people are great, the modules are very interesting! Staying on campus has been really great too.

W
Wesley

Newman University, Birmingham

Drama, Theatre and Applied Performance BA (Hons)

I have loved being at Newman because they have pushed me to believe I can fulfill my potential. There is always something new happening that I can take on and be able to do ambassador part-time work. I feel like I can leave Newman and go out into the world knowing there are so many things available to me.

SP
Sam Price

Criminology BA (Hons)

Ample. Good grades achieved and good friends made. Would appreciate a bit more to do at uni. Not much to do outside of contact hours. Its like im given what I need and thats all im having.

Sohail

Newman University, Birmingham

Drama, Theatre and Applied Performance BA (Hons)

Have really enjoyed my time at Newman university and feel confident in my academic progression. Have made great friends and had great experiences at university and in the local area

Tanya

Newman University, Birmingham

Great overall experience had a few issues over the last two years but great place.