1,095 Newcastle University reviews

• Newcastle University
Amelia

Newcastle University

English Literature BA (Hons)

I think that the university has not been that great during COVID in terms of providing lectures online with enough time before seminars to complete work. They also made it quite challenging to submit for extenuating circumstances unlike other universities. However, the module choices are excellent and the seminar leaders and peer mentors are quick to reply and very helpful. I would say that student support in relation to wellbeing is excellent.

Karen

Film Practices BA (Hons)

This year has been dramatically different but the professors tried their best although sometimes there was a lack of communication due to everything being online but overall the teaching has been fantastic, the facilities are very professional and the campus is always welcoming! If you are considering Newcastle as one of your options you won’t regret it:) It’s also a fabulous city to live in!!!!

Charle

Newcastle University

Modern Languages BA (Hons)

obviously it could be better because the pandemic has caused in person to cease, however I think the uni has been overly cautious when other unis have had contact hours. Additionally some topics we have covered in our modules were not helpful. But the library availability has been very helpful and teaching staff have also been very easily approachable and quick to respond

Ellen

Newcastle University

Modern Languages BA (Hons)

I don’t understand how lecturers and all staff at universities don’t understand that it is near impossible to study for a degree basically alone. We have to social distance on campus, when we’re even allowed there, we are being forced into social isolation. No in person sessions whatsoever all year. Ive made very few friends because of lockdowns and restrictions on socialising. Not the year I signed up for when I applied to university in 2019.

Jolene

History BA (Hons)

The course has been limited due to Covid, the online course has not been the standard I have desired seminars are very hard to interact with and workshops are dragged out longer than needed.

Eleanor

Newcastle University

Joint Honours Psychology and Nutrition BSc (Hons)

I have loved being at Newcastle, the city is the perfect mix of urban and countryside. The student life is great. I would really recommend coming here. The uni had so much to offer and the support is great.

Ethan

Newcastle University

Mechanical Engineering BEng (Hons)

No one could’ve predicted the pandemic and how much of an impact it would have on the world so I’m mostly satisfied with what the uni has delivered over the year. But, I don’t think the regular fee of £9,250 is reasonable for what has been an online course this year.

Layla

Newcastle University

Combined Honours BA (Hons)

I received exceptional wellbeing support from Newcastle University during a particularly difficult period for me. Great access to mental health services and personal support from members of staff

Felix

Newcastle University

It’s hard to put into words how this academic year has gone so far. I truly believe however that the governments immoral treatment of students this year has made it a hard to enjoy. The teachings has adapted well but the severity of the limits to online learning simply outweigh the financial commitment to a degree

Saajevan

Chemistry MChem (Hons)

The first three years were very insightful. We managed to grasp a good understanding for the world and studies of chemistry. As young scientists, we have been inspired to make this world better via thoroughly understanding the subject and utilising problem solving skills to apply to everyday problems. We have been introduced a range of subunits to chemistry like medicinal chemistry and physical chemistry so that we can learn what route we would like to take in chemistry.