Student reviews of New College Stamford

• New College Stamford
RM
Rebecca McTrustery

Animal Management HND

My expirience has been overwhelmingly positive as of yet. Coming here as an axternal student last year I felt welcomed and part of the college as a whole. I quickly settled in and its like I've been a part of it for years- in a good way

HH
Hayley Hooper

Professional Studies (Education) Foundation Degree

It’s been hard work but enlightening, I’m learning how to write assignments and I like that the HE Block is separate to the rest of the campus, shame about the library though

NE
Nicola entwistle

Animal Management HND

It's been OK. Disappointed the work on my course is not enough to go to uni so I do feel a little disheartened after all the money spent. As an adult learner with a home to run I fund the lack of additional financial support a little upsetting and stressful

EC
Emily Colhoun

Creative and Editorial Photography FdA

So far I have had a very good experience. I’ve been at New College Stamford for 3 years now. I studied the Level 3 Photography for the first 2 years and then moved on to the Univeristy course which I am currently studying my first year of. I’ve always been supported, academically and personally. I feel comfortable and happy there due to this support. I have good friends around me and good lecturers. So I’m very happy.

Olivia

Professional Diploma in Performance (Acting) HNC

I have been at Stamford college since September last year. I joined late and was worried about making friends and fitting in. However, I had absolutely no problems as both staff and students were so polite and friendly from day one. My wonderful tutor helped me catch up quickly without giving me too much stress in one go. The food that the college provide is tasty and the cantina staff are lovely are friendly. I feel so safe and at ease in the college environment. The college also accepts and welcomes people of all abilities, genders, sexuality and race. Offering a number of facilities and support such as non-gendered toilets and LGBT support for those who may need it. The academic support given is fantastic. The college offers extra maths and English one on one learning support and group lessons which allows people who struggle with maths and English to not fall behind and be given a disadvantage against class peers. College is a place of equality. I never enjoyed being in education or going to school. However, I really look forward to going into college when I wake up in the morning and I will be very sad to leave at the end of this year.

IC
Isabella Ciniero

Performing Arts (Musical Theatre) HND

Over the past 4 years, my college teaches and class mates have brought out the best in me and made me believe in myself when I never used to. College for me has been the best experience of my life

Kim

Graphic Design FdA

Really enjoyed it. Learnt a lot as came into course not knowing much about the practice. Teachers very helpful with work and have developed a lot of my skills both in software and general graphic design skills and techniques.

MP
Max Pell

Computing HND

My Experience has been good however the college still has some improvement required. One of my main issues is that they have a university centre and claim that "University Centre Stamford Awarded Silver TEF Award Amongst Top Universities" however I don't see how they can see themselves as a university because they do not award degrees! they award 'degree level' HND which is not a level 6 BSc or BA degree it's only a higher education award. So, if you want my honest opinion New College Stamford need to stop spending on superfluous top show and reinvest it in what actually matters the education, with the ability to award degrees, not appearing to be what they are not.

EC
Emily Colhoun

Creative and Editorial Photography FdA

Overall, I’ve had a good experience so far. I have the resources around me for my academic work and I’m supported with my additional needs. As I had already spent two years at the Univeristy before as a college student, the university course appealed to me as I had had a good experience in those two years and was happy and content to study the Univeristy course.

LR
Lara-Sophie Rosemeyer

Animal Management HND

I have been in this college for nearly 3 years now and I have not had any bad experience yet. I improved my English skills from only being able to have simple conversations to now being able to present informations and my knowledge in front of groups. This was only possible to the huge help from one to one sessions and personal meetings with my teachers to identify my strength and weaknesses. When I first arrived at the college I was heartly welcomed and I felt cared about which has not changed. The lessons are very interesting and carrer based which allows me to devolpe essential skills for my future faster. Overall, the college is a really good learning environmnet and I have recommended it to a lot of other people.