Moulton College | Student Reviews

7 Moulton College reviews

• Moulton College
Student

Moulton College

Applied Animal Studies BSc(Hons) BSc (Hons)

Generally a good uni if you're willing to put the work in. The course provides a broad overview of the animal sector covering a range of modules and lecturers are passionate about their studies. Accommodation is basic but the inclusion of an en suite is beneficial and the facilities are fine for what students need. Social facilities are lacking and there is no free bus to town anymore so nights out are expensive. The university of Northampton itself has very little care for Moulton so there isn't much support from the university. Good all rounder but no bragging rights provided

Agricultural Technologies BSc (Hons) BSc

My experience so far is mixed. Some days i enjoy it others i don’t. The content we are learning is and can be interesting but it’s not being taught in a way that makes it appeal to everyone, it can be very boring. Some lessons we don’t actually learn anything. Practical lessons are good because it’s fun and we somewhat learn something and how to do it.

BSc(Hons) Equine Performance and Therapies

I feel like my course has previously (over the last two years) has not be well managed or organised. The college has struggled to deliver content in a way that means we get the relevant information needed in order to complete assignments or exams. Timetables have been awkwardly organised, so sometimes we would come in for only one lecture, and we have had instances of coming in for one lecture only to be let go early as they were not able to teach the content they wanted to due to lack of facilities available. However, I do feel like my course is starting to be managed better now, in contrast to previous years. Overall, the college mainly focuses on their FE students and I feel they need to refocus onto their HE courses, as people are paying a lot of money to do these.

FdSc Applied Animal Studies

Hate it. I was told by my lecturers that I would love university and that it would be the best years of my life. Moulton College has massively let me down. The mix between H.E students and F.E students should not be a thing. The college is more focused on F.E students and seriously lacks enriching activities for higher education students. We don't have an area to ourselves without F.E's barging in and shouting all the time, we don't have a kitchen for H.E's only. We don't have any facilities for H.E students to use in the day time specifically for us and I feel my course has let me down. I would highly suggest you do not come here. Unless you want a bad uni experience then sure, come here. If not, then look somewhere else because Moulton College is not as grand as it seems.

25 Jun 16

Moulton College

Mixed. Some excellent stuff and teaching, and some really poor. They promised small class sizes, but some lectures had about 60 people in. I wish i had gone to a 'proper' uni. It was always very stressful getting last minute messages about changes to lessons or assessments. The college management seem very disorganised and dont listen to the lecturers. The wrong people get promoted.

Moulton College

Very poor I thoroughly regret choosing to study and wish I went to a proper university course that is properly organised. Do not study construction here but for sport and animal the facilities appear to be very good.

Construction Management Foundation Degree

4/10 overall... good college, let down by poor management from what I've seen of it so far.. 2015 seems to be brighter for construction management though as new course managers and tutors have been brought in, this should iron out the problems I had in my first 2 years