Middlesex University

1,469 Middlesex University reviews

• Middlesex University

Fashion Textiles BA (Hons)

I really like my course. However I find I am often not in the know about some of the goings on so have to email tutors frequently. I have found the support people on the phone extremely unhelpful, they didn't know the term dates which is very basic.

1 people found this helpful

Business Management BA

My course is great.. It has allowed me to get a real insight into the subject and already I know what I want to do in the future. Most people study degrees then can't decide what to do after but after doing this course it has made me realise there's so much to offer. The lectures and tutors are really helpful.

Criminology and Serious Crime Investigation MA

WONDERFUL IN ALL WAYS

Review

06 Aug 14

Accommodation- It doesn't really exist you have to be from another country or really kick off in order to get it and the accommodation itself even if you do get it by some miracle isn't great and all halls except for one are 30+ minutes walk away. Student union- If you want a student bar or events that usually go with the university experience you've picked the wrong place. The rare events are so unpopular we turned up once didn't even have to buy a ticket or show ID to get in because they were so desperate to have at least someone turn up. The only societies are to do with sports or religious purposes. Enjoy. Teaching- Some of the lecturers genuinely are brilliant but a complete range as to be expected anywhere. Organisation on the other hand not to so much. I never met my tutor which I was supposed to be introduced to at the beginning of the year or even got to do a presentation that counted towards my overall grade but apparently I passed it so that's good? Nightlife- You've got London to play with but nothing really local. As I mentioned the uni bar isn't a real thing, it doesn't even open weekends and there aren't clubs. You have a couple pubs about which are okay but dead during the week. I'm currently trying to transfer out and it's near enough impossible as Middlesex refuse to provide a overall percentage for first year which is what every other university wants to know. Thanks Middlesex.

Traditional Chinese Medicine BSc (Hons)

Couldn't give no stars and I certainly would when reviewing this particular university. City life would be a lot higher if the student finances weren't so utterly drained by the extortionate expense of student living. Student accommodation is dilapidated and overpriced and getting matters resolved at this place is less than useless with a failed and bought out union that has absolutely no power. Stay away from them.

Review