Medway School of Pharmacy | Student Reviews

• Medway School of Pharmacy
AB
Agni Bibo

MPHARM (PHARMACY) WITH FOUNDATION YEAR MPharm

I simply love it and I hope I will progress over the years of my course. Life at Uni is totally full of emotions, opportunities of meeting new people, having new friends but especially further knowledge.

Murshed

Pharmacy MPharm (Hons)

I have really enjoyed my University experience and I am excited for the next 4 years. I am really glad to be studying Pharmacy at Medway as I believe it will prepare me with all the skills I would need to become a competent pharmacist.

Summi

Kesia
11 Jul 17

Medway School of Pharmacy

Student support has been practically non-existent, lecturers have also been completely unhelpful, communication is terrible, students who are unwell are practically forced out by the university, in some cases not even being allowed to sit missed exams. I will be transferring to a different university as soon as possible, and, frankly, would be unlikely to recommned Medway School of Pharmacy to anyone.

Medway School of Pharmacy

Brilliant - would not change a thing. The course is engaging, the university is very relaxed and comfortable. The staff are superb and I feel like this is the perfect university for me.

Medway School of Pharmacy

Overall I am deeply disappointed in my choice of university and I'm shocked at how they treat their students and how the pharmacy school is unorganised and consequently makes things ten times harder to study. Moreover, how it doesn't feel like a university because it is chaotic and they drained all the passion I had for my subject and wear you down , which is obviously worrying because no university should feel this uninspiring. In addition, the town offers no incentive to students and is not student friendly in terms of activities. The accommodation is ridiculous and overpriced and the quality of the accommodation and location do not match the price. The student union is non existent and coupled with bad societies there is little to rave about this university. Overall, I would not recommend this university and would highly advise prospect students , especially if they are doing pharmacy, not to go here and visit it if you want to go there as a student I regret my choice and want to warn prospective students not to apply here for the reasons listed above.

Pharmacy MPharm (Hons)

Whilst the area isn't very nice the university is lovely. Nearby the historical dockyard, all the buildings look very appealing and there is lots of space to study or relax. We have the longest library in Europe so plenty of place to get work done and a new student hub is currently building built. Plus there are 2 student bars, one on campus and one by the Liberty Living accommodation. The new asda next to Liberty Living also helps as there wasn't a large nearby supermarket before. Lecturers and all staff are generally lovely and will help you if you need anything. Whilst the course is hard and I'm looking forward to being done and qualified and earning money, I can honestly say I have had a great time at university and wouldn't change anything about my decision coming to study here.

Pharmacy MPharm (Hons)

I'm really greatful to the Medway school of pharmacy for giving me a chance to succeed in Pharmacy after missing out on grades in my a levels which meant I had to apply through clearing. I feel I have learnt lots and had lots of support along the way. I feel I am always aware what is expected of me and what the aims of the year are. I am glad that I ended up in Medway rather than my first choice now as I think I have probably done better than if I'd have been in a large city with lots of distractions.

28 Jul 15

Medway School of Pharmacy

Pharmacology and Physiology BSc (Hons)

Overall, the lectures are fantastic, as well as the lecturers and their facilities are state of the art. I was in the first cohort for the new BSc Pharmacology and Physiology programme, and for a new course it was structured and organised well. There is a diverse community at the Medway Campus and I feel there is a good atmosphere among minority communities. I feel the university help cater for all religions. On Fridays there is a specfic time is kept aside for prayer. There are plenty of mosques in the surrounding towns and there are lots of outlets that have Halal options.

24 Jul 15

Medway School of Pharmacy

Pharmacology and Physiology BSc (Hons)

Choosing to come to the Medway School of Pharmacy is a decision I have not regretted. My first year here was incredible, I have made friends for life and the support offered at the School has helped me excel to the best of my ability. I am already looking forward to the next year.