1,127 Manchester Metropolitan University reviews

• Manchester Metropolitan University

Economics BA (Hons)

Overall Studying economics at a MMU was a good experience.The course is well structured and well taught. From my opinion is not the best thing is that if someone chooses to study the BSc rout he/she has to score above 50% of the quantitative subject in first and second year, and if you fali to do so there not any way to stay in the BSc route or re-do that subjects. Another problem is that although anyone can choose to do a Quantitative dissertation in third year but if you have failed to score above the previously mentioned 50% in first year, you can not study the subject in 2nd and 3rd year that teaches you how to do quantitative analysis which is (essentially for a quantitative dissemination).

Kate

Manchester Metropolitan University

Educational Psychology BSc (Hons)

There will always be negatives but they can be overlooked with the positives, the amount of support in place is very high and easily accessible. The online lectures have also been very supported and they have made the best out of a very bad year

W
William

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

The course has been great and really engaging to all students even though we are currently online, the range of different projects we have been tasked with have been good for all different mediums and the help provided has been great from tutors.

Caroline

Zoo Conservation Biology MSc

Many planned activities were cancelled due to coronavirus which is understandable but nothing was offered in its place and I feel that I have not received much value for money. I don’t feel like I have gained any skills or knowledge that will help me in the future except for one module.

Polina

Manchester Metropolitan University

Human Biosciences BSc (Hons)

During a pandemic, I believe MMU has done an amazing job, from changing their timetable layout for the year to providing excellent and immediate support to students.

Shumaya

Manchester Metropolitan University

I have enjoyed university this year as it has given me a valuable insight into the law area and field. It has also further emphasised my passion for aiming to become a solicitor and do pro Bono work on the side. This is as I wish to help people and improve their lives.

Alexandros

Physiotherapy BSc (Hons)

The University is modern with a large campus and excellent facilities offering students a dynamic learning environment. The teaching quality is high, the lecture theaters and laboratories include advanced equipment and the course is designed to satisfy the needs of all students. The lecturers create an interactive environment and they aim at improving the students' critical thinking and collaborative skills. Moreover, the University provides students with excellent academic and personal support throughout the academic year. Especially under the difficult circumstances with Covid-19, the University managed the situation extremely well from the beginning supporting and quiding students. The Manchester Metropolitan University is constantly enhancing and expanding its facilities and is fairly considered one of the best UK Universities.

Operations and Supply Chain Management MSc

Very poor quality of lessons. The unit's subjects are good, but the actual learning is rubbish, professors are not professionals. In most of the cases you won't get any support and you feel you are on your own. Grades cannot be challenged. Avoid by all means...

Teodora

Criminology BA (Hons)

Just an amazing place to study. I’ve always felt welcome and included, as the teachers are very open minded and non judgemental. If you want a university that truly strikes to get the best out of every student, MMU is definately it. Also very understanding of personal matters, which many universities can be very insensitive towards. I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to be a student here.

TN

Manchester Metropolitan University

Grateful I chose MMU over other nearby universities. Into the 2nd year of my degree and although the covid19 pandemic has drastically changed the layout/plan from my previous/first year, the university's support, especially compared to other universities attended by friends, has made me realise I am lucky to be at MMU. The facilities and support have been excellent.