1,127 Manchester Metropolitan University reviews

• Manchester Metropolitan University
Katie

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

I would say the experience this year on my course has been considerable especially with the current circumstances due to covid. The tutor support has been good for feedback on work etc. Using equipment and booking facilities has not been the best.

Manchester Metropolitan University

Film and Media Studies BA (Hons)

My overall experience with university has been great so far. I’m enjoying my course and exited to study more about it. So far I’ve only done the online learning so I haven’t experience going to campus as of yet. But I’m sure it will be the same thing online but just in real life. Other than that, I have no issues with my course.

Reuben

LLM in Legal Practice with LPC

It has been somewhat difficult to adjust to having all of the sessions online. Technology has got in the way of doing various things like working in groups or with visual aids. This is not the university's fault though and I think that they have been quite responsive to the pandemic. I do take issue with their timetabling however as this was often delayed or changed on the fly and left myself and other students a bit concerned.

Kristy

Manchester Metropolitan University

No lies!!! This year is really changeling and not something I have been expecting for my final year. Studying an art and design course remotely and in a lockdown situation is hard: can't see and touch the fabric physically, the shipping and external sourcing take longer time than ever, only seeing tutors on the screen and discuss our working in 2D...... I learnt to be flexibly, be organised and be motivated. 2020 became was a series of rolling disasters, but we are now at the beginning of the world change, please cherish today's wonderful time …. Don't stand still, don't dwell on the past, and make great strides forward.

Zoe

Manchester Metropolitan University

It’s been as good as it can be during a placement year. They have helped with any issues I have and we’re especially helpful at the beginning of the year when my previous placements were put on indefinite hold due to coronavirus.

Manchester Metropolitan University

Sports Marketing Management (Foundation Year) BSc (Hons)

So far the little bit of contact time we had had been good. The online lectures have been okay as well. Obviously the year was never what it was supposed to be. We didn’t have a lot of time to socialise and make friends and that’s the only shame. I personally haven’t been able to attend any part whatsoever. Or make any friends as I was living with family. But the academic side of uni has been a good experience so far

AFNAN

Manchester Metropolitan University

Electrical and Electronic Engineering BEng (Hons)

It was worthy at all time. I studied a lot on my bed without even paying for busses fare and for morning coffee. I make friends online from subject group. I work part time as well. University fully supported me. I think overall it was a best year despite covid who changes our life a lot.

Ella

Manchester Metropolitan University

Other than having small issues with my tutors, my overall uni experience has been good. I found my way and developed new skills in things I had never done. My only issue is that I wish I attended more when I had the chance and fully took advantage of the facilities before covid as now I won’t be using them ever again. Whilst working from home it has definitely taken it’s toll on my experience but it did allow me to work without distraction and I have come out with better grades that what I went in with.

James

Manchester Metropolitan University

Accounting and Finance BSc (Hons)

The first year of uni has been great I would say, it was definitely worth coming even though corona is a thing still, definitely a unique freshers year this was. Manchester is a great city to live in. The lessons even though not many have still been good and we can all socialise a little bit and get to know each other better.

Andrew

Master of Architecture March

Of course the ongoing Covid situation is broadly out of the control of universities. Whilst I understand this there have been insufficient adjustments (both financial and pastoral) to compensate for the drastic impact of an online-only approach to a usually practical and studio-oriented course.