Manchester Metropolitan University | Student Reviews

1,127 Manchester Metropolitan University reviews

• Manchester Metropolitan University
Samuel

Manchester Metropolitan University

Spanish with Japanese BA (Hons)

The course is lower quality than expected from a university course. The unit selection was not well thought out with what seems like mostly filler and there is barely any continuity or transferrable skills between units. The Japanese unit only taught us to an A2 level despite being a three-year university course. Organisation on behalf of lecturers and timetabling staff was poor. The way language units were assessed, particularly oral exams, were not practical or fair especially in the fourth year with blended and online learning. The transfer to blended learning and online classes during the COVID pandemic was handled poorly.

Sosanna

Manchester Metropolitan University

Politics and Philosophy BA (Hons)

I have not enjoyed the past year at all. The courses have been limited and poorly done. All the lecturers do is read out the notes they set for the reading for that week. It’s not been interactive and there’s not been much academic support.

Anthony

Manchester Metropolitan University

Software Engineering BSc (Hons)

I believe that because of coronavirus my course and overall university experience wasn’t that good this year. However, before coronavirus I believed that my course was fun and engaging and because of this I would still recommend this course to other people as I believed that it was a useful, fun and very interactive course. With online learning this year I believe that my course hasn’t been conducted very well. One of the main lecturers I was supposed to have took almost our whole unit learning time off and then in the last lesson for that unit he did not even know how to use Microsoft teams. With this being a software engineering course this is definitely not something you would expect. In addition to this there was also one and a half weeks where no one at all turned up to do the lectures for us. Despite the circumstances being very different this year this really was a terrible situation and ruined my determination to do well in the course overall.

AFNAN

Manchester Metropolitan University

Electrical and Electronic Engineering BEng (Hons)

Overall It was fine but I always miss university life in campus as I studied full time online. But my tutor was fantastic they support in full way. Overall I think fees was bit higher for online .

Gemma

Social Work MA

My course has been very hard so far and it has been made even harder by the fact the pandemic is in place and I have not had as easy access to the university as I would of liked. The course is a lot more intense than I imagined and other students I know have felt the same about this. It is really hard to manage the placement whilst trying to survive and run a house / have a social life when you’re working all the time. MMU have been good due to the fact they have numerous avenues of support and always have staff readily available to speak to someone if they need it. I also like the fact that if you need support with your work there are specialists available to help you and courses to learn skills on academic writing

Feyisayo

Criminology BA (Hons)

It’s been good so far. I have had a lot of good experiences especially online. Very easy to get access from the lecturers abs good higher education . Even with the facilities, everything has been good for my education. When I did struggle all I had to do was seek help and I did take some lessons like the writing project and booked sessions with my tutor and lecturers to understand and with time I was able to gradually improve.

Aaliyah

Economics BA (Hons)

It's not been easy at all, I have struggled to find any motivation to get any work done or do anything relating to my degree, it has made me really dislike my degree and made me question my choices. They've tried their best I believe but personally for me it's been a terrible experience and just want to be back at university physically and not online

Stephen

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

its been great way of learning however the pandemic has made it hard, this is not the university's fault and as a student I can see they are trying there best to keep the course alive, fun and worth the time

Alexandros

Manchester Metropolitan University

An outstanding University with a large campus situated in one of the best student cities in Europe. The infrastructure is excellent and currently there are world-leading facilities under construction which will open in 2021 and 2022. The course is well structured, has great material and is run by experts who care about your personal growth. The stuff as well as the lecturers are very friendly and supportive. Manchester Metropolitan University is an ambitious University committed to lead in education and innovation.

Luigi

Manchester Metropolitan University

Business Management (Foundation Year) BA (Hons)

My overall experience has it's ups and downs, beginning with tutors leaving the course without notice. I really struggled without a laptop at the beginning but now I have one. I had some issues regarding student finance but now resolved. The positive part of my experience is I have had tutors that were supportive giving the best advices that truly helped me and of course my classmates as I was able to communicate and contact them when I needed help with assignments and classmates that I could trust.