Student reviews of Loughborough University

AJ
Alex Jones
22 Jun 18

English BA (Hons)

Best four years of my life, easily. I've made so many friends and had so many unique opportunities that I don't think I could have had anywhere else. Loughborough 100% deserves all its praise.

There is loads of careers help - from CV writing sessions to mock interviews, I felt very confident about my career when I left.

All lecturers were very friendly and helpful. I was never worried about going to them, and they were free the majority of the time.

What do you think of your Students' Union? If you don't get involved, why not?

Best in the country for a reason! I love the nights out and all the societies.

Accommodation
If you live in university halls or private housing, what is your accommodation like?

Amazing! Loved the accommodation and loved making friends.

How good are your university’s facilities?

I studied English so didn't need that many facilities, but what we did use were brilliant.

City Life
What’s the city life like?

Smaller than a city, but that was perfect for me. It has everything a student would need.

Clubs and Societies
What are the clubs and societies like?

Societies were where I made all my friends. There's such a huge selection.

I never needed to use any counselling services but I heard that they are really good.

Meng-Chang

Construction Project Management MSc

Excellent university. Students are the top customers served by university staffs. However, international speeches are not as well as the top 100 universities. In the long term, the university should invest more in them.

Hannah

Loughborough University

Industrial Design and Technology BA (Hons)

I have loved my experience at Loughborough so far, when I talk to my friends from Home who go to universities across the country, they really do not understand how my University experience can be so great compared to theirs. Loughborough really tries its hardest not to make its students feel alone or isolated, which is so important as university can be a very lonely place if you are not given the opportunities to get involved.

Rachel

Physics BSc (Hons)

I have thoroughly enjoyed by 3 years here. I have been involved in a AU sports club by playing and being on committee. I have enjoyed my course a lot as it is so varied and lecturers are always there to provide support. The location is great with a large campus on the edge of town.

Olivia

Loughborough University

Politics and International Relations BA (Hons)

I have loved Loughbourgh so much and I wouldn't change my university ever! I have met amazing people through so many different avenues. The sport, teaching and place itself is amazing and I would strongly recommend considering it!

Georgia

Loughborough University

Sport and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)

Very good, very fun and experiences a lot of new things. Teaches you how to be independent and self-sufficient, cook for yourself and organise your time. Get involved in as many activities as possible to make as many friends as you can

CC
Cameron Carroll

Loughborough University

Sports Technology BEng (Hons)

Very good just wish the union wasn't as snowflakey and actually listened to the students. Teaching on the whole is good and very knowledgeable. Don't stay in halls for more than a year!

Robbie

Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences PhD

As an international, it's been fantastic. I can't ask for better. The floor I'm on has a good blend of internationals as well so I don't feel like an alien here. I get amazing support from my supervisors, and I've been provided every opportunity to succeed. I'd whole heartedly recommend this university for PhD studies - assuming the supervisor/student fit is good.

DC
Daniel Clark

Mathematics BSc (Hons)

I enjoy myself daily as there’s always something to do, I keep myself busy through the clubs/societies the uni hold and the union st nights out are AMAZING. Love it

Kate

Loughborough University

Amazing, love getting involved in volunteering through my hall and union aswell as student ambassador having a flexible well paif job, lubrsry ihas a bast collectin, u