Loughborough University

1,898 Loughborough University reviews

• Loughborough University

fantastic resources and facilities, both academic ones and social ones.

History and Politics BA (Hons)

Loughborough is an amazing campus university with a buzzing atmosphere. You are spoilt for choice with sporting clubs and societies. The facilities for sports and teaching are first class and I have no negatives to say about the uni. The student union is a great place to go and overall the uni is just amazing.

Mechanical Engineering (with placement year) BEng (Hons)

Best Student Union! Clubbing Life is amazing. Student facilities is good.

Human Biology BSc (Hons)

Go large or go home.....make the most of every day.....There is time to sleep after you have left Uni....have a great time, work hard and play hard! Even though it is a small town it has a great nightlife with bars and clubs for every taste.

Retailing, Marketing and Management BSc (Hons)

Loughborough is an amazing university to go to! Many people see it as being overly arrogant, but those universities are just jealous! We are proud of our heritage and our university. The campus is brilliant, the buildings are beautiful, and there is such a community atmosphere. I study Business, and although there may be the odd lecturer who is unengaging, the large majority are very knowledgeable and give very interesting lectures. The high level of sporting excellence is very attractive for potential sporty candidates, but even if you're not sporty that doesn't matter, there is a whole range of societies you can join! The Union is one of the largest in the UK boasting 3 nightclubs as well as a shop, a Starbucks and an amazing milkshake shop. If you're looking for a town/city with a large variety of nightlife, Loughborough is only a small market town so may not provide you with the large choice you're looking for. However, with three clubs in the union, a handful in town, and many pubs/bars/restaurants all over there is always somewhere to go for a night out.

Air Transport Management BSc (Hons)

Time of your life

I love the university, the course I'm on (Fine Art), the area (it has a beautiful canal and everything I need in the town centre), the accommodation is varied and very fairly priced, etc etc

I have been at Loughborough for six years now so I think it is one of the best unis in the country. It has won the best student Uni experience award every year for the last six. My advice is to never dress up for a night out at echoes or fnd and find the right balance between work and play.