Student reviews of Loughborough University

Loughborough University 1399 reviews

WINNER – UNIVERSITY OF THE YEAR 2018
Timeline Article

"I’ve had the absolute time of my life so far, the year has gone so quickly and I’ve met so many like-minded and amazing people here. I can’t wait to come back for a second year and I never want the experience to end!"

Timeline Article
Filter reviews

My

Advanced Computer Science MSc
30 Jul 18

It was quite the good experience! I made plenty of friends. It was quite the good experience! I made plenty of friends. It was quite the good experience! I made plenty of friends. It was quite the good experience! I made plenty of friends.

Joan Doe

Loughborough University

Graphic Communication and Illustration BA (Hons)
21 Jul 18

I grew significantly as a person, but not as an artist. Rubbish teaching, but great friends and a positive university life. A lot of the reviews here are from students who had just begun the course, still idealistic and excited for what they thought was to come. Since talking to them at graduation, most are disappointed. The work the university shows off are all things we taught ourselves through books that weren't even on the reading list. Nothing is taught in detail, other the hundreds of amazingly useful techniques that exist in design/illustration theory, you learn none of them. You come away feeling like nothing substantial was gained. You see what other courses are doing and are hit with the dawning realisation that you have been conned. You take optional modules in other schools, actually learn something, and it feels alien. Loughborough's student experience outside of academia is excellent. But was it worth this dud of a course? I'm not sure.

Elspeth Cornell

Loughborough University

Psychology with Criminology BSc (Hons)
24 Jun 18

Overall Loughborough has been an absolutely amazing experience. I have loved the past two years here and am so excited to continue my journey for another year!

George Hones

Loughborough University

English Literature BA (Hons)
22 Jun 18

Overall, I have loved it. It's an environment I was given the chance to flourish and improve myself. It was the best four years of my life. for sure. The atmosphere and lifestyle was great. I received so much support throughout my studies and made so many friends for life. Would recommend to absolutely everyone.

Alex Jones

English BA (Hons)
22 Jun 18

Best four years of my life, easily. I've made so many friends and had so many unique opportunities that I don't think I could have had anywhere else. Loughborough 100% deserves all its praise.

Georgia

Loughborough University

It hasn't been great if I say so myself. There have been countless times I have considered quitting because the people I have been exposed to are not very friendly both in my hall and on my course. I've never had trouble making friends, but not everyone is chatty or confident, the university is mostly aimed at extroverts, which is a shame. I often wish I went somewhere else instead, I just can't fit in and it feels like I'm making a mistake. I just want my degree to be over, Loughborough isn't as amazing as everyone says it is.

Loughborough University

Electronic and Electrical Engineering BEng (Hons)

it has been alright, could be better. The facilities are great, getting around campus is relatively easy. It can be hard finding people to fit in with because it is a predominantly white university.

Kamal

International Business MSc

It is really good, but not as much as I expected it to be. I was very disappointed with the teaching quality in some modules and I felt they are really poor in content and a waste of money. Also, international students do not enjoy as much as locals do. Personally, I found it quite difficult to blend in with the British culture and values, and to make British friends, despite many efforts. In terms of facilities, services and support offered, it is fantastic!

William Obiri-Danso

Loughborough University

Electronic and Computer Systems Engineering BEng (Hons)

It's been great so far, haven't had many problems coming here, everyone is quite friendly, I've gotten involved in societies and my hall activities, what more could you ask for?

Harry Collier

Loughborough University

Accounting and Financial Management BSc (Hons)

Wouldn't change much, its been an incredible time, the nightlife is diverse throughout the week with special guests quite regularly and you can feel safe in where you are, the day time is equally faultless, can get a bit boring being in a small town but there are larger places not far away

Rating summary