Student reviews of Loughborough University

Loughborough University 1424 reviews

WINNER – UNIVERSITY OF THE YEAR 2018
Timeline Article

"I’ve had the absolute time of my life so far, the year has gone so quickly and I’ve met so many like-minded and amazing people here. I can’t wait to come back for a second year and I never want the experience to end!"

Timeline Article
Filter reviews

Loughborough University

Electronic and Electrical Engineering BEng (Hons)

it has been alright, could be better. The facilities are great, getting around campus is relatively easy. It can be hard finding people to fit in with because it is a predominantly white university.

Kamal

International Business MSc

It is really good, but not as much as I expected it to be. I was very disappointed with the teaching quality in some modules and I felt they are really poor in content and a waste of money. Also, international students do not enjoy as much as locals do. Personally, I found it quite difficult to blend in with the British culture and values, and to make British friends, despite many efforts. In terms of facilities, services and support offered, it is fantastic!

Izzy

Loughborough University

Mathematics and Accounting and Financial Management BSc (Hons)

I really do love it! It’s such a warm welcoming community and makes me feel like I really belong here and it’s my home, as well as my ideal study space. Can’t beat it.

Matt Dingle

Aeronautical and Automotive Engineering MPhil

Wasn’t sure at first, and Loughborough is a big daunting campus. But the wide variety of activities and friendly people and staff have made it a home from home. Best years of my life so far

Mac-Davidson Abe

Loughborough University

Communication and Media Studies BSc (Hons)

Its okay so far but it could be better because my flatmates are loud and annoying sometimes and some of my lectures are really boring and makes me wish that I stayed indoors and did my notes off the slides in my room.

Emma Paterson

English BA (Hons)

My experience has been amazing but also scary and stressful. The thing about Lough borough is that there are so many ways that they make you feel like Lough borough can be your home and with so much going on it's hard to be homesick.

Harriet Eyre

Loughborough University

English with Business Studies BA (Hons)

Uni has been the best experience of my life, it is very over priced but ultimately I think it is vital to my future both educationally and personally. Thankyou to Loughborough

Megan

Loughborough University

Business Psychology BSc (Hons)

Awful. Really hard to make friends with people on my course, really hard to make friends within my halls. Unless you’re part of the ‘popular’ group it’s impossible and none of the halls mix with each other. Can’t wait for my degree to be over

Mary

Drama BA (Hons)

It’s been good, everything is amazing apart from the fact that I’m not enjoying my course subject but it’s only 3 years so I’ll stick with it because I don’t want to leave my good friends.

shayan

Loughborough University

Industrial Design and Technology BA (Hons)

interesting, a lot of self discovery met good people but some haven't got along with, semester 1 struggled to get used to the course and didn't really fit in at freshers but as time has gone by made good friends and its slowly improving, still settling.

Rating summary