Loughborough University | Student Reviews

1,926 Loughborough University reviews

• Loughborough University

Loughborough University

Sport and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)

Covid 19 has severely impacted my university experience and limited my socialising opportunities. Some sports like volleyball are unfortunately not recognised as Loughborough performance sport and hence need to pay and resources are very limited. However the campus does run mandatory test every single week making it safe towards the last semester,

W
Will

Loughborough University

Commercial Management and Quantity Surveying (with placement year) BSc (Hons)

Last year was an amazing experience but obviosuly due to covid this year, I don't feel like I've had a uni experience at all. Not had any social events to go to on campus and I feel distant from my coursemates but all in all, I enjoy uni and look forward to being able to get more involved again in my final year.

Tom

Materials PhD

The university provides the support and facilities to make my PhD a enjoyable and engaging even in with covid. I have stayed on to do my PhD after graduating with a BEng (Hons) as I believed I was in an environment that encouraged me to push myself further.

Dawid

Loughborough University

English with Business Studies BA (Hons)

The university provides some of the worlds best facilities, however the amount of money does not entirely reflect that. The catered option at the halls is not the best idea, as the food is bland and also serves small portions. Everything else is paid for, such as gyms, sporting events and even freshers, which is not specified anywhere prior to university arrival. Therefore, if you are poor like me it’s hard to manage. However, the teaching is great, and is delivered by amazing people.

Tarun

Loughborough University

Product Design Engineering (with placement year) MEng (Hons)

The teaching has been to a quality standard but as it has been online it has been a struggle. Projects that required in person learning have been altered and toned down which is disappointing. Social life similarly has been non existent

Niha

Loughborough University

Sport and Exercise Science (with placement year) BSc (Hons)

Fortunate enough to be on placement year and receive ample support from the university. Regular contact was maintained by the university to ensure my well-being throughout the year.

Harry

Loughborough University

Business Economics and Finance BSc (Hons)

Although the experience has not been what it could have been (due to COVID), I feel the university has tried hard to give us students as good and authentic experience as possible.

Megan

Loughborough University

I love it, social, educational and feels like home I would recommend it to my peers and future students thinking about it I don’t regret going there and will miss it when I’m gone

Robert

Physiology and Nutrition of Sport and Exercise MSc

I am more than happy with my overall experience. I do not feel that COVID has hugely impacted my learning or my academic opportunities here at Loughborough. However, I feel like my student experience has been limited by reduced socialising, no events and so on. Nevertheless, it is what it is and there is no reason to complain. Overall, I am very happy with my experience at Loughborough University.

Loughborough University

Civil Engineering (with placement year) MEng (Hons)

Lecturers are generally helpful and personal supports are plentiful. Department provides opportunities for us to work with other professions within the industry which is great.