Liverpool John Moores University | Student Reviews

• Liverpool John Moores University
Jenny

Professional Doctorate in Health Psychology

Students' Union N/A
This user did not feel that they could enter a score for this category

Not used.

How good are your university’s facilities?

Library is fab, not used anything else.

Don't live local.

Not used.

Module leader and supervisor helpful.

TB
Touraj Bashir Herl

Financial Management MSc

It was fantastic studying here, I had the opportunity to learn my subject with understanding of all its dimensions, the facilities were as per need of international student,

Nathaniel

Liverpool John Moores University

Initial Teacher Training - Primary with Physical Education Specialism (5-11 years) and QTS PGDE

I’ve had a really good experience at Ljmu and this is my 4th year here as I completed my undergraduate course here also. I feel the standard of teaching is very good and the support I have been given over the years has been most helpful. Sometimes i feel i could hve had better accommodation though and i should have joined a sporting society.

Hannah

Journalism BA (Hons)

Total sham/money pit, lecturers are clueless. I'm moving on to do a MA elsewhere (obviously) I had to scrape through a 2:1 because this was basically a self taught degree with a load of work. Lecturers don't want to answer questions, it was impossible to book in to see anyone and when you do they're rude and dismissive. I would give anything to pick my undergrad uni again - can't believe I just wasted so much time and money in to a company who do not care. Worst "education" I've ever experienced, "higher learning" they are not - they just took my money and pushed me towards nervous breakdown in the process.

Charlie

Exercise Physiology

In terms of living in the city and meeting new people it has been fantastic. Nightlife in the city is amazing along with the people here. I feel more as if Im living independently and working more hours than actually being in uni itself with is disappointing. I was really falsely sold uni for a start and now im trapped. Dropping out has crossed my mind as an apprenticeship is honestly a much better option with a wage, actual hours of studying, dept free with a guaranteed job.

Tegan

Liverpool John Moores University

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

Great social aspect

School Direct Initial Teacher Training (non-salaried) - Primary

Shocking. Given my time again, I would not touch LJMU with a barge pole it is an absolute disgrace from top to bottom. Poorly run, poor communication, no student councilling just a money pit.

Bradley

Liverpool John Moores University

Software Engineering BSc (Hons)

Most of the modules are beneficial but some are self-taught and for the most of the week, I am not in university at all

Chloe

Liverpool John Moores University

Pharmaceutical Science BSc (Hons)

Annon

Zoology BSc (Hons)

Fun and engaging - relevant and interesting to the field I intend to work in