Leeds Conservatoire | Student Reviews

140 Leeds Conservatoire reviews

• Leeds Conservatoire

Music (Jazz) BA (Hons)

Good fun, and educationally rewarding if you make the best of it. There are some aspects f the course that feel quite contrived and do not allow for much flexibility which is contradictory of the progressive nature LCoM pride themselves in.

MUSIC PRODUCTION

It’s great meeting new people in LCM and taking the opportunities to work with them. There are also good facilities provided especially if you are a production student.

Music (Classical) BA (Hons)

Definitely ups and downs, as I wasn’t satisfied with the course as , from a personal viewpoint, I realised classical composition was not something I could see myself doing in the future. Unfortunately, LCM just didn’t work out for me. I would tell people to think carefully about specialising in something so early on. They should be absolutely sure it’s what they want to do.

Music (Jazz) BA (Hons)

The quality of the course itself is good but LCM could focus more on providing better job opportunities for students as I do not feel confident about my job prospects.

Music (Classical) BA (Hons)

LCoM provides a somewhat pleasant environment to work in and the tutors are good in their teaching and are willing to help you beyond the bare minimum that is required. I do find that the college can feel quite restricted and confined and there is not much extra-curricular events to take part in.

Music (Classical) BA (Hons)

I have learnt so many things in LCM already and yet still many improvements I can make as a musician and the skills I have. I look forward to becoming the musician I will be when I leave the college.

Music (Jazz) BA (Hons)

My overall experience has been quite good. My greatest concern was having to deal with the move from Norway to England where you have to experience a different culture.

Music (Jazz) BA (Hons)

There are some good things that LCoM provide, though I can’t help but feel that if I were at a university, there would be a lot more benefits for me as a student and musician.

Music (Classical) BA (Hons)

The overall experience of studying at LCoM is good, however there is always room for improvement. Bear in mind, a small conservatoire probably can’t compete with a large university though.

Music (Classical) BA (Hons)

LCM is good for the course. LCM could be slightly clearer about assignment details and more support for students who did not come from a strong musical background. There are more opportunities here in the conservatoire than you would find at a university for any musician.