Leeds Conservatoire | Student Reviews

140 Leeds Conservatoire reviews

• Leeds Conservatoire
Sophia

Leeds Conservatoire

Music (Popular Music) BA (Hons)

Challenging but fun, free but organised. Intense but creative! Artistry combined with university style modules really helps give an overall education on a well rounded musician.

Nick

Music (Jazz) BA (Hons)

Different to the normal uni experience. No social life just great for your career as a musician. However the other universities work closely with us so we can get involved with more social stuff

Leeds Conservatoire

Music (Songwriting) BA (Hons)

My experience has been great so far. I've made tons of friends and had some brilliant nights out. I always look forward to Uni which is something I couldnt have imagined myself saying a few years ago. The course itself is great and I look forward to whats next.

PM
Phillip Mainwaring

Leeds Conservatoire

Music (Classical) BA (Hons)

LCoM is a decent place to study music and has the potential to be incredible. The atmosphere around the place is amazing, really warm and friendly - something I don't think you could find at other conservatoires. It has exceptional facilities. However, whilst it has good instrumental and chamber music tutors, the classical course doesn't always feel well run by those in charge of it and often everything going on feels very disorganised. That being said, ending up at LCoM rather than going to a normal uni has been amazing for me, I would highly recommend going to LCoM rather than studying music at a normal uni.

Mia

Leeds Conservatoire

Music (Classical with Popular) BA (Hons)

I love it, it’s welcoming, and a good mix of hard work and not getting too stressed out. There’s a lot going on, which means many opportunities arise, which is great experience

Nick

Electronic Music Production (FdA) FdA

It has been a journey of going from being very disorganised to getting into a routine. This develops you as a person and professional. An incredible experience.

Rebecca

Leeds Conservatoire

Music (Classical) BA (Hons)

It's been a really supportive environment and is always welcoming The teachers are high quality and always lsiten to any issues and are willing to help as long as you ask There's no falsenss anywhere with anyone and is a very safe environment What you put in is what you get out

TA
Tamzene A-P

Leeds Conservatoire

Music (Popular Music) BA (Hons)

Incredible. I’ve gained so much about myself and my ambitions throughout my time here. The combination of the city and the course has been unforgettable and will definitely set me up for the future

Clemency

Leeds Conservatoire

Music (Film Music) BA (Hons)

I am enjoying my course, there are ups and downs but overall this is a lovely university to be at. Then course tutors are helpful and passionate about what they’re teaching which makes it more interesting.

Eve

Leeds Conservatoire

Music (Business) BA (Hons)

Overall my experience has been good, I enjoy the course for the most part and working on the bar has allowed me to meet many more people, I think they need to look more at the way they introduce everyone at the start of first year on the business course as it is still affecting the course now as a lot of people have never had the chance to meet.