Leeds Conservatoire | Student Reviews

140 Leeds Conservatoire reviews

• Leeds Conservatoire
Fran

Leeds Conservatoire

Music (Popular Music) BA (Hons)

I'm a third year student and have had the most incredible time, you learn so much about yourself as a musician and a person. You are allowed to take risks and try out new things which all helps you figure out what kind of artist you are.

Oliver

Leeds Conservatoire

Music (Popular Music) BA (Hons)

I have loved uni so far. The tutors are all friendly and approachable, there are loads of opportunities to perform (I have joined 5 bands so far), the subject matter of what I have been learning is mostly pretty interesting, and there's lots of support available if needed.

Declan

Leeds Conservatoire

Music Production (Top-up) BA (Hons)

I enjoy Uni, I've made lots of friends, grown a lot as a person, it's opened up doors to new opportunities and I wouldn't be the person I am today without it. I think that it can get lonely for quite a lot of people at times but when you throw yourself into University life and surround yourself with the right people it's a great experience.

Livvy

Leeds Conservatoire

Music (Songwriting) BA (Hons)

I have enjoyed myself and feel that I am much better at what I do because my course has improved my skills. I enjoy the teaching and the people here and the overall atmosphere is really friendly and supportive.

Jed

Music (Jazz) BA (Hons)

I've really enjoyed my uni experience-especially all of the practical parts of my course (my ensemble group and my one to one lessons). I do feel very stressed, as I feel like some of the tasks set are very demanding, especially if you don't have much of a previous understanding of the subject.

Dan

Leeds Conservatoire

Music Production (Top-up) BA (Hons)

Wouldn't do anything differently, it's been great. Leeds College of Music has been a great place to master my skills in Music Production and Leeds is now a place call home.

Louis

Music (Jazz) BA (Hons)

I'm having a really great time, enjoying my course and life in leeds. I feel that the course fits my needs perfectly and I am confident that I will come out of the course ready to become a working musician.

JW
Joe white

Electronic Music Production (FdA) FdA

It’s just the beginning and has opening up limitless patio bows for me that is quite overwhelming but I have all the guidance I need. If there was more fiancial help and grants for the lower income students that would allow me to do so much more. Buts it’s chamted my life and has been very positive.

Elise

Leeds Conservatoire

Music (Classical) BA (Hons)

My university experience has been good so far. It has gone incredibly quickly. I wish that the student union were more active, e.g putting on Christmas and summertime balls.

Adam

Leeds Conservatoire

Music (Production) (BA) BA (Hons)

I'm enjoying the course, I found it difficult at first as I didn't have much of an induction as I'm previously an external however I managed to catch up thanks to one of my tutors and I worked hard by myself to catch up to my own desirable level and for the course. This was within the music studios themselves. As mentioned in a previous section there is a lot of time wasting on one of my projects which I wish could be different, as that unit in particular is completely new to me.