Leeds Conservatoire | Student Reviews

140 Leeds Conservatoire reviews

• Leeds Conservatoire

MUSIC (POP AND PRODUCTION) COMBINED

I do feel like I should have taken part in more events but perhaps at the same time, LCM could do more so in the way of providing more things for students to do.

MUSIC PRODUCTION

I decided to come to LCM because of its good reputation for music education. I have had a positive experience so far. LCM could always do more to help integrate their international students though.

Music (Jazz) BA (Hons)

LCM provides world class facilities combined with excellent tutors and brilliant people. My experience here was very scary to begin with but it’s been great. I’ve really improved as a musician and have met some incredible musicians.

Leeds Conservatoire

Music (Classical) BA (Hons)

Overall Leeds College of Music is a fairly secure place to study. The courses are engaging and to a certain degree interesting and the experience is largely what I had expected of it. There are some fantastic opportunities however in certain areas standards are low as have been previously touched on. I would only recommend it if it was the right person.

Leeds Conservatoire

MUSIC (COMBINED POP AND PRODUCTION)

I wake up every morning and look forward to coming to LCM, I am really glad I am here. The course and the lecturers are excellent. Things could be a bit more fun and interesting here is there were more events put on by the SU.

MUSIC (POP) BA HONS

Generally, the learning aspect of LCM is good but there needs to be much more focus on helping students to perform better and more regularly since it is a MUSIC college.

Music (Jazz) BA (Hons)

At LCM there are so many people who are like-minded who you can be around and integrate with, it throws you together in uncomfortable situations which challenge you to either thrive in or to go on and work harder at it.

Music (Jazz) BA (Hons)

Not impressed with their process. Feels very dull and I don’t like the city one bit. It’s always going to be hard as a musician and you need to be at the right place at the right time to be able to forward yourself and it think this is not that place.

Music (Jazz) BA (Hons)

Overall, I still enjoy being in Leeds as it has everything you need which is convenient, and there are a load of places for you to go and see. The course is excellent but not perfect, but this is expected.

Music (Jazz) BA (Hons)

The experience so far has generally been rather positive. In the first year students were more uncomfortable around each other as they would want to prove themselves as musicians however this year everyone is friendly and supportive. The course as mentioned has been intense but enjoyable.