Leeds Beckett University

1,300 Leeds Beckett University reviews

• Leeds Beckett University
Isobel
FIRST YEAR

Best- I got great counselling through the uni when I needed support, they got me signed up for counselling easily and it was great having someone to talk to when I needed to. I also love the uni buildings and my course. Worst- timetables are quite sporadic , I wish all my seminars and lectures were closer together and on the same days of the week.

Reviewed: 25 April 2022
MB
Maisie Brown
First gen student
SECOND YEAR

Business Studies BA (Hons)

Covid made it hard for everyone, however the university provided as much help as possible to the students including me giving people another chance to resit if needed. This helped me a lot and I hopefully am now going into my third and final year in September!

Reviewed: 25 April 2022
JR
Jodie Rhoden

Filmmaking BA (Hons)

Not been impressed with my first year at this university. So much so that I will not be continuing on with this course into second year. Though the facilities are good it doesnt outweigh the cons of the course overall. It is unorganised, uninteresting and has overall been a very poor experience. The timetable changes every week, and lessons can be cancelled on the day, there has been poor demonstration with the film equipment meaning students are unconfident when they are told to go out and make a documentary. I feel as if the first year at Leeds Beckett has not taught me anything that I didn't already know coming out of A-Levels. Watching BBC bitesize videos in one of the few lectures we have is not university standard in my eyes. The work set is basic, to be sent out for over an hour to record people showing us "What they have in their bags" just feels very inappropriate to me. And I feel like certain lecturers can feel very patronising. I know myself and a number of other students have felt not respected at times with the way we can be spoken to. I do want to say that some of the lecturers are lovely and clearly very passionate about what they do and often still work in the industry, but if you fall unlucky to not be taught by one of these it can very much fall to your detriment. However, due to some still working outside of the university it can mean that they can be unavailable when you need help with set work. Overall, I believe this course needs a lot of work. I am very disappointed and upset that I will have to restart my first year of university elsewhere because of the low standard.

Reviewed: 23 April 2022
sally
FIRST YEAR

MSc Psychology (Conversion Award)

the city.

Reviewed: 21 April 2022
AS
Alistair Skelton
THIRD YEAR

Building Surveying BSc (Hons)

Great city center location, 20 minuet walk from the railway station. Leeds has great bars restaurants and nightlife etc.

Reviewed: 20 April 2022
Chelsea
SECOND YEAR

Mental Health Nursing BSc (Hons)

Lack of mental health specific lectures. Poor staffing for mental health and apprenticeship courses. Apprenticeships poorly lead with lack of understanding about the apprentice pathway or student experience - poor communication with employers and students conducting Apprentice Nursing degrees. Deflective and defensive attitudes when concerns are raised.

Reviewed: 19 April 2022
LF
Louise Finch

Very helpful

Reviewed: 19 April 2022
KH
kate havard

Criminology BA (Hons)

most social and balls, a bigger union and more library’s

JA
James Aynsley
SECOND YEAR

Great resources for learning great libary great student life

Leroy
First gen student

Games Design BSc (Hons)

With this being my first year, my experience of it so far have been great, despite the hole Covid and Omicron, the University have kept me and others upto date on the policy's with email and and posters throughout campus. Tutor's are massively helpful and always there even if not on campus, the University has there email address and discord groups as well as social media sites as I am based in the LSA building its close to the library and STU.