Student reviews of Leeds Arts University

1,024 Leeds Arts University reviews

• Leeds Arts University
charli

Fashion Design BA (Hons)

at the start i was a little disappointed just because the uni was so small but did offer a lot which made up for it, 2nd year has been so much better and im proud to be apart of the uni and know the people i do and have collaborated with.

the 2 weeks of employability really help to give an idea on what is needed when we do leave the bubble of uni life and start applying for postgrad jobs.

have a variety of tutors that have different knowledge and skills that can influence the way we work rather than just having one set way of working.

What do you think of your Students' Union? If you don't get involved, why not?

i think the union do a lot for us and try to get us involved with live briefs and interacting with each other, i don't get involved as i feel it would take up too much of my time and also worried i wouldn't get nominate for a role.

How good are your university’s facilities?

since the new build has been completed the facilities have much more improved and now feel apart of an established uni.

City Life
What’s the city life like?

the city is small but theres a lot going on for creatives, music, pop ups, cafes and just interesting places to go looking round. also so many veggie and vegan options which i think is great for a small city.

Clubs and Societies
What are the clubs and societies like?

again to say leeds is a small city there is always so much going on and there is never a weekend you could be bored as theres events all the time, particularly super friendz which i think is a great place to look for gigs and events.

ive had help from all and do think the uni is super supportive and know that students might have worries and problems so make sure the help is there for them if they need it.

katie

Filmmaking BA (Hons)

i'm really enjoying it its very chill and relax, the work is intense but its good because there is so much support available. i would highly recommend this university to others

Zak

Leeds Arts University

Printed Textiles and Surface Pattern Design BA (Hons)

In my first term, I felt that the University could have felt more, well, like a university. But once the new expansion was built and extra funding went into spaces such as the new Library I felt that I was in a University I could be proud of. Leeds Arts University is an exciting creative hub of friendly, ethusiastic tutors and students and I am really enjoying the first year of my degree here.

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

Overall, the university experience has been great. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time so far at the university despite the hectic timetable and the workload. The people are nice, helpful and super friendly. Everyone listens to what you have to say and respects your opinions.

CH
Christopher Hoare

Animation BA (Hons)

Best time of my life, probably. I'm really happy to have studied here and I am pleased with what I made. The course team is great but the diversity of the city is especially wonderful

Sarah

Leeds Arts University

Overall there are bumps in the road an no university is perfect but i will say the majority of staff, courses and facilities here surpass incredible. Your transition into adult educational life will be smooth and invigorating

DD
daniel durack

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

spot on!Students are all very friendly here and I always feel comfortable speaking to random people or asking for help from both staff and students. The work load is as expected, enough to stay busy (in a good way). Lots of freedom to do the kind of work which interests you.

Amy

Illustration BA (Hons)

So good - the university is easy to be in and find your way around. people and staff are accomodating and not intimidating. Facilities are easy to use and timetables are easy to manage.

Leeds Arts University

Uni have been a massive change and uproot but I know I’ve made the right decision at studying at Leeds arts university. I now encourage people to study outside of London and explore the wider British landscapes.

Sophia

Illustration BA (Hons)

I have enjoyed my uni experience so far because everything has gone really well. Everyone is nice and it’s great to be surrounded by like minded creatives. Plus the facilities are great. I love going into the studio and getting some work done