Student reviews of Leeds Arts University

• Leeds Arts University
EB
Edward Barker

Filmmaking BA (Hons)

10/10 I can happily say it has been the best part of my life so far - on both a social and work basis I feel fulfilled and actively welcome work for the opportunities it can bring.

They offer many opportunities to gain industry standard experience such as visiting sets and visiting local and foreign film festivals.

I like that we have a say in how we wish to structure our timetable and lessons however this can sometimes lead to miscommunication.

What do you think of your Students' Union? If you don't get involved, why not?

I think they are great as they actively organise events and engage with us multiple times a week

How good are your university’s facilities?

Very good however I believe more computer suites could be provided

City Life
What’s the city life like?

Really great is there is a large variety of venues and places to explore

Clubs and Societies N/A
This user did not feel that they could enter a score for this category
What are the clubs and societies like?

N/A

Very good as we are encouraged to discuss any issues we may have whether it be personal, financial or work based.

katie

Filmmaking BA (Hons)

i'm really enjoying it its very chill and relax, the work is intense but its good because there is so much support available. i would highly recommend this university to others

Zak

Leeds Arts University

Printed Textiles and Surface Pattern Design BA (Hons)

In my first term, I felt that the University could have felt more, well, like a university. But once the new expansion was built and extra funding went into spaces such as the new Library I felt that I was in a University I could be proud of. Leeds Arts University is an exciting creative hub of friendly, ethusiastic tutors and students and I am really enjoying the first year of my degree here.

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

Overall, the university experience has been great. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time so far at the university despite the hectic timetable and the workload. The people are nice, helpful and super friendly. Everyone listens to what you have to say and respects your opinions.

CH
Christopher Hoare

Animation BA (Hons)

Best time of my life, probably. I'm really happy to have studied here and I am pleased with what I made. The course team is great but the diversity of the city is especially wonderful

Sarah

Leeds Arts University

Overall there are bumps in the road an no university is perfect but i will say the majority of staff, courses and facilities here surpass incredible. Your transition into adult educational life will be smooth and invigorating

DD
daniel durack

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

spot on!Students are all very friendly here and I always feel comfortable speaking to random people or asking for help from both staff and students. The work load is as expected, enough to stay busy (in a good way). Lots of freedom to do the kind of work which interests you.

Amy

Illustration BA (Hons)

So good - the university is easy to be in and find your way around. people and staff are accomodating and not intimidating. Facilities are easy to use and timetables are easy to manage.

Leeds Arts University

Uni have been a massive change and uproot but I know I’ve made the right decision at studying at Leeds arts university. I now encourage people to study outside of London and explore the wider British landscapes.

Sophia

Illustration BA (Hons)

I have enjoyed my uni experience so far because everything has gone really well. Everyone is nice and it’s great to be surrounded by like minded creatives. Plus the facilities are great. I love going into the studio and getting some work done