Student reviews of Leeds Arts University

Leeds Arts University 1242 reviews

Timeline Article

Overall I feel that the best thing about LCA are the facilities. I've really enjoyed having a huge range of photographic equipment to use when I want, and the studios are really well equipped with brand new lighting.

Timeline Article
Filter reviews

will

Fashion Design BA (Hons)

university so far has been amazing and even though money gets spent a lot quicker than you think, you can still have a great time making friends, studying the course you love and enjoying an independent life. i really do believe leeds and the uni specifically has been the reason i’ve enjoyed uni so much so far and can’t hank the staff enough for making my time so far so good.

it has student rooms to chat to careers advisors, tutors are more than happy to talk about it, emails are constantly sent about small career boosting opportunities, internships and competitions and career prospects are well advertised around the uni.

the thing i like most about the course is how much of the subject it covers, from pattern cutting to design rendering to sewing, we do it all. i also love how hands-on and genuinely caring the tutors are about the course, they’re passionate. the thing i like least about the course would have to be the little amount of contact time we have with tutors a week. however, it’s the same with all courses in all uni’s so i really can’t complain.

What do you think of your Students' Union? If you don't get involved, why not?

from what i know the students union is one of the best, i have received emails and promotional opportunities to join and so on and if i had more time i would definitely be up for joining, the only reason i dont is down to lack of time with studying a practical course

How good are your university’s facilities?

the university’s facilities are out of this world, they have everything you can think of and with the correct permission you can use whatever you need. we’re at the point a new building is being built just to suit the amount of facilities for certain departments and to give the students more space to work.

City Life
What’s the city life like?

city life for me has been great, coming from the countryside i thought it would be hard to adjust to city life, however, being relatively quite and friendly, leeds has been amazing with making me feel comfortable.

Clubs and Societies
What are the clubs and societies like?

there are many clubs and societies within leeds arts, i even signed up to a couple myself, they range from life drawing society to cheese society, there really is something for everyone. with friendly staff and student operators, they make you feel at home

there is a lot of support available in the uni which is a key thing for me. having been to ask about counciling and being told that there’s a waiting list because the support and demand is so busy, i resorted to chatting to my tutors about personal and work related issues who are more than happy to talk for a while, support is great at leeds arts and you feel completely safe.

Leeds Arts University

Visual Communication BA (Hons)

I have loved my course as well as the way the tutors interact with the students. They have been very helpful and insightful. The tutors are often going out if their way to help even when we done necessarily ask for help. It makes the students feel valued. Our course has events so that the students from all 3 levels can meet and get to know each other. The amount of work given by the course is a good amount. I feel like I have learnt a huge amount of information in the only month of being here. The uni admin office has been very helpful with the legal problems I have had with moving to a new country.

IPEK ONUK

Fashion Design BA (Hons)

I love what I study even though it can be challenging sometimes my tutors and life at uni always helps with my difficulties. Leeds could get a bit depressing in the winter time but involving in different activities hypes you up and makes things even better.

Mia

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

University has been ok. I enjoy the home/living part a lot more than I enjoy the university part as im not fully settled yet as I have struggled making friends. However I am thoroughly the work I am creating

Amelia

Rhiaan

Leeds Arts University

Printed Textiles and Surface Pattern Design BA (Hons)

Fab, learning new skills and developing practice.

Mollie

Leeds Arts University

Visual Communication BA (Hons)

Great course, nice people.

Beth