Student reviews of Leeds Arts University

Leeds Arts University 1242 reviews

Timeline Article

Overall I feel that the best thing about LCA are the facilities. I've really enjoyed having a huge range of photographic equipment to use when I want, and the studios are really well equipped with brand new lighting.

Timeline Article
Filter reviews

Leeds Arts University

Visual Communication BA (Hons)

I have loved my course as well as the way the tutors interact with the students. They have been very helpful and insightful. The tutors are often going out if their way to help even when we done necessarily ask for help. It makes the students feel valued. Our course has events so that the students from all 3 levels can meet and get to know each other. The amount of work given by the course is a good amount. I feel like I have learnt a huge amount of information in the only month of being here. The uni admin office has been very helpful with the legal problems I have had with moving to a new country.

I am constantly receiving emails and notifications about career opportunities and employability tips. There is a careers section at the uni that is open to anyone studying here. The uni also sends lots of design briefs for companies outside of the uni and therefore opportunities to get work experience and contacts.

We get a lot of tutor time. Lots of group discussions about everyone’s work. The course is very well organised and the tutors respond very quickly via email. Our seminars are very interactive and taught in small groups which makes a huge difference! I don’t have anything negative to say.

What do you think of your Students' Union? If you don't get involved, why not?

The student union often sends emails about what’s going on. We also had a introduction at the beginning of the year to what the union offers. The union doesn’t have many societies but we are able to create more. I don’t take part in the societies because I don’t really have much time to do so.

Accommodation
If you live in university halls or private housing, what is your accommodation like?

The rooms are a very good size and so are the kitchens. One downside of living at Liberty Park is there is no proper communal area, we only have a ping-pong table in a sheltered area outside. That isn’t great for the colder days. Another downside is the cleaners are quite lazy. My flat is usually clean because we clean it ourselves instead of the cleaners who’s job it is. I love living with my flat mates as it means I meet lots more people as opposed to if I lived in a studio or at home. The receptionists are all very kind and helpful! They often have little treats on their desks for the people living here.

How good are your university’s facilities?

Very good! My course allows me to visit all the facilities. We have the opportunity to sign up to workshop at any time of the week for any reason we’d like. We can requests certain memebers of staff for different workshops.

City Life
What’s the city life like?

I am underaged for clubbing and drinking but the day life in the city is vibrant with so many students. Even though I’m underaged there are lots of great different places to go in the evening. Lots of student discounts and events. I’m extremely happy to have chosen Leeds!

Clubs and Societies
What are the clubs and societies like?

I haven’t been to many but the ones that I have joined are very active and a good way to meet new people from different universities and different courses.

My permanent address is outside of the uk so it has been fairly complicated to sort all of the legal issues, the admin team has been extremely helpful and responsive in sorting it all out. I also have dyslexia and discalculi, I haven’t approached the uni about it because I don’t have much written work so i can’t comment on that myself. However my flat mate has received lots of help form the people in charge of that department.

will

Fashion Design BA (Hons)

university so far has been amazing and even though money gets spent a lot quicker than you think, you can still have a great time making friends, studying the course you love and enjoying an independent life. i really do believe leeds and the uni specifically has been the reason i’ve enjoyed uni so much so far and can’t hank the staff enough for making my time so far so good.

IPEK ONUK

Fashion Design BA (Hons)

I love what I study even though it can be challenging sometimes my tutors and life at uni always helps with my difficulties. Leeds could get a bit depressing in the winter time but involving in different activities hypes you up and makes things even better.

Mia

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

University has been ok. I enjoy the home/living part a lot more than I enjoy the university part as im not fully settled yet as I have struggled making friends. However I am thoroughly the work I am creating

Amelia

Rhiaan

Leeds Arts University

Printed Textiles and Surface Pattern Design BA (Hons)

Fab, learning new skills and developing practice.

Mollie

Leeds Arts University

Visual Communication BA (Hons)

Great course, nice people.

Beth