Student reviews of Leeds Arts University

1,070 Leeds Arts University reviews

• Leeds Arts University

Leeds Arts University

Visual Communication BA (Hons)

I have loved my course as well as the way the tutors interact with the students. They have been very helpful and insightful. The tutors are often going out if their way to help even when we done necessarily ask for help. It makes the students feel valued. Our course has events so that the students from all 3 levels can meet and get to know each other. The amount of work given by the course is a good amount. I feel like I have learnt a huge amount of information in the only month of being here. The uni admin office has been very helpful with the legal problems I have had with moving to a new country.

I am constantly receiving emails and notifications about career opportunities and employability tips. There is a careers section at the uni that is open to anyone studying here. The uni also sends lots of design briefs for companies outside of the uni and therefore opportunities to get work experience and contacts.

We get a lot of tutor time. Lots of group discussions about everyone’s work. The course is very well organised and the tutors respond very quickly via email. Our seminars are very interactive and taught in small groups which makes a huge difference! I don’t have anything negative to say.

What do you think of your Students' Union? If you don't get involved, why not?

The student union often sends emails about what’s going on. We also had a introduction at the beginning of the year to what the union offers. The union doesn’t have many societies but we are able to create more. I don’t take part in the societies because I don’t really have much time to do so.

Accommodation
If you live in university halls or private housing, what is your accommodation like?

The rooms are a very good size and so are the kitchens. One downside of living at Liberty Park is there is no proper communal area, we only have a ping-pong table in a sheltered area outside. That isn’t great for the colder days. Another downside is the cleaners are quite lazy. My flat is usually clean because we clean it ourselves instead of the cleaners who’s job it is. I love living with my flat mates as it means I meet lots more people as opposed to if I lived in a studio or at home. The receptionists are all very kind and helpful! They often have little treats on their desks for the people living here.

How good are your university’s facilities?

Very good! My course allows me to visit all the facilities. We have the opportunity to sign up to workshop at any time of the week for any reason we’d like. We can requests certain memebers of staff for different workshops.

City Life
What’s the city life like?

I am underaged for clubbing and drinking but the day life in the city is vibrant with so many students. Even though I’m underaged there are lots of great different places to go in the evening. Lots of student discounts and events. I’m extremely happy to have chosen Leeds!

Clubs and Societies
What are the clubs and societies like?

I haven’t been to many but the ones that I have joined are very active and a good way to meet new people from different universities and different courses.

My permanent address is outside of the uk so it has been fairly complicated to sort all of the legal issues, the admin team has been extremely helpful and responsive in sorting it all out. I also have dyslexia and discalculi, I haven’t approached the uni about it because I don’t have much written work so i can’t comment on that myself. However my flat mate has received lots of help form the people in charge of that department.

joni

Textile Design BA (Hons)

loving the course its pretty perfect, the university is small and friendly, and everyone is free to be themselves, nice food in the canteen, the course is homely, i was worried about the area, but its actually very chilled and nice. i am not a drinker so its quite chilled

Anastasia

Leeds Arts University

Visual Communication BA (Hons)

I would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more and experiment with facilities, techniques and his own abilities. The school has an amazing library too... :)

Megan

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

I think I initially struggled a lot but now in third year I feel I can reflect back on leeds and the arts uni positively. It has so much to offer but it really is down to the student to use the facilities and get the help, it’s all on you if you want to successfully use the uni to your advantage.

Benjamin

Leeds Arts University

Amazing. Don’t want it to end. Hard work but loving the course. The facilities are so handy and really won’t get an opportunity like it again. Thoroughly recommend

AG
Abi Green

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

Learnt a lot and covered a wide variety skills and disaplines. The course can be very intense at times with a lot expected from you but it’s a steep learning curve which really helps to develop and improve quickly

Shamita

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

Its amazing! I love the content and the way it has been layed out, althoughi would have like some of the submissions to be spaced out a bit more. The course covers a range of topics where you can decide to focus is you choice later on, but yoi have a base to work with anything.

Zoe

Illustration BA (Hons)

From the start it has been a really fun experience, I’ve done lots of workshops and different tasks to engage and learn new things. Excited for the next two years!

Jennifer

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

So far university has been incredibly busy and hard work but we are always encouraged to do more and take our ideas further, and given individual advice from our tutors that is endlessly useful. It is obvious that this is the best graphic design curse in the country and why it is

Ellie

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

Overall iv had an excellent university experience so far , the university is really focused on you gaining real life experience in your chosen field , the tutors are always friendly and there to help