Lancaster University | Student Reviews

1,398 Lancaster University reviews

• Lancaster University
Alex

Lancaster University

Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics and Economics (MORSE) (Industry) BSc (Hons)

Great opportunities both for academic and professional development. Good balance between studies and social life. High-level accommodation and a lot of societies.

Clarissa

Lancaster University

Business Management BSc (Hons)

Coming here has made me realised I would like to go further and get to the highest level in my subject. I never realised how much I loved my subject until I started my course.

Rachael

Sustainable Water Management MSc

Very good, lots of support offered, lots to get involved with (societies, fundraising, sport), shame about expensive student housing and so most students have to live in damp houses because they are the only ones they can afford.

John

Lancaster University

Mechanical Engineering MEng (Hons)

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Lancaster University, I am learning lots and having a great time as well! I am involved in several societies and have met many amazing friends, I was initially unsure about wether or not University was for me but I am so pleased I came.

Lancaster University

Business Management BSc (Hons)

The university is quite good quality, most of the modules are well taught and the career support is outstanding. The university provides efficient support with personal life too. However, they increase the number of students year by year which results into overcrowded facilities and lectures, which results into extended teaching hours and no spaces for quite study. The university accommodation is quite expensive and they charge students for everything they can. These issues undermine student experience.

Stacey

Creative Writing with English Literary Studies MA

i have struggled over my time at uni with mental health difficulties that have stemmed from different causes but at the same time i have made some good friends, had some fun experiences, learnt a lot and been supported by so many people that i'd recommend to others the benefits of going to university in general as well as recommending Lancaster University. even the city of Lancaster offers a lot for potential future students.

Criminology and Criminal Justice MA

Graduate college is not as close-knit as the other undergraduate colleges and also offers less integration at the start of the academic year which can lead to no new friendships forming.

James

English Literary Studies PhD

I've loved my time here, but there is ample room for improvement on the part of the university. Especially in terms of making the place feel like it is a place of education and not a money pot (milking the international students for all they are worth)

morgan

Biomedicine BSc (Hons)

Lancaster University is really good overall, the teaching and facilites are really good and the course is really interesting. Lancaster is a small town so has a nice relaxed safe atmosphere

Megan

Lancaster University

Physical Geography (Study Abroad) BSc (Hons)

I've loved university each year; lots of opportunities and I got to do study abroad in New Zealand which was incredible. Lots of sports and societies to get invovled in and the college system makes it good for intercollege competitions. Nice campus with green space and lovely surrounding countryside. Not a big city so not as much of a night life but still clubs and bars.