Lancaster University | Student Reviews

1,558 Lancaster University reviews

• Lancaster University
Mollie

Lancaster University

Chinese Studies and English Literature BA (Hons)

It wasn’t bad but it wasn’t great either, they could’ve communicated things better and had less of a double standard between teachers and students. And, accommodation not giving sufficient recompense for accommodation which over the Christmas break and into the January-March lockdown we weren’t legally aloud into was not good

Rachel

Lancaster University

Natural Sciences (Study Abroad) BSc (Hons)

Covid means it loses a star. Lancaster is great but full fees for online learning is a joke. Exams have become harder even though it is the same situation that we are in last year which I don't believe is fair. Should you come to this uni not in covid? Yes you should the teaching and facilities are great.

Katie

Statistics and Operational Research MRes

Having done a previous degree at Lancaster I cannot rave more about it, I love the college environment! Coming back a little older to Graduate College helps you feel part of a community still whilst studying a postgrad qualification. My course has been amazing in terms of understanding and extending deadlines, returning feedback quickly and checking in on all students personally! The staff genuinely get to know each student and seem to care. Most of the teaching has been of great quality and it’s been wonderful to here lecturers talk about topics they are really passionate about!

Molly

Lancaster University

Chemical Engineering MEng (Hons)

This year has been academically challenging having to adapt to blended online and in person teaching but the university has been very organised and kept up good communication with students to reduce our anxiety and give reassurance. The colleges have been fantastic in setting up social events in summer term and I have really enjoyed getting involved in societies now they are allowed to go ahead.

Amy

Lancaster University

Law (Placement Year) LLB (Hons)

It is the people I have met and friends I have made which has made this a decent year at university despite covid. I believe the university has tried to do what they think is best academically, although not always successful, It would not be fair to judge them solely on this year in such unprecedented times.

Lucy

Lancaster University

Business Management (Study Abroad) BSc (Hons)

My first year at university has not been what I expected or dreamed of. However, this has not been the universities fault, they have tried to provide us with as much normality as possible but it has just not been ideal. Hopefully next year will be better

Daniel

History BA (Hons)

As good as it could be during COVID but the £9000 a year for limited access to facilities and prerecorded lectures is not value for money. However the Uni has done its best to stick covid restrictions.

harry

Lancaster University

Economics and Finance BSc (Hons)

I am having an awful time studying at Lancaster University. I honestly truly struggle to think of a positive that has come from my time here. The lack of student support, the poor quality in teaching and the dated facilities which we were not allowed to use because of the pandemic, makes me feel like I would have been better off giving my tuition money away to charity. Even if only 50% of that donation was received by the charity, it would still achieve more than anything that Lancaster University has offered me. I cant not reccomend this Uni enough, PLEASE reconsider if you have this university as ANY of your choices. I hope my thoughts can help save at least one potential student from making the horrible decision I made because they thought 'oh top 10 uni, must be decent then'.

Georgia

Lancaster University

Criminology and Psychology BA (Hons)

I have absolutely loved my course and loved the university campus. I’ve been disappointed with the standard of support this academic year however, appreciate that it must have been difficult with covid.

Caitlin

Lancaster University

Socially, university has been a bit of a nightmare - meeting lots of new people (part of the selling point of university) has been completely diminished and in many ways, has felt criminal. It has been like we have essentially been set up for failure with the covid rules as it has been somewhat impossible to abide by in university, though I will acknowledge this may be more the fault of the government rather than the university. Academically, I have been very impressed with the university; they have been very supportive considering my course does not have a much in the way of contact hours. On the whole, the quality of online teaching has been good and I have managed to keep up and understand the requisite material. I also appreciate the take home exam format adopted this year - I believe that this should be adopted for the future, as the typical exam format penalises students who suffer from exam stress and chronic anxiety.