1,089 King's College London, University of London reviews

• King's College London, University of London
Sarah

King's College London, University of London

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

I love the atmosphere and a lot of the campus spaces are really nice to be in. The lecturers are knowledgeable and explain topics well but I would prefer more feedback on coursework.

Alexander

King's College London, University of London

Philosophy and Modern Languages with a Year Abroad BA (Hons)

Teaching varies a lot from class to class, but some teachers have been outstanding. Access to other activities is really good, including getting lessons at the Royal Academy of Music for a music performance module that I could incorporate into my degree. Year abroad options are really great and module options are really diverse, unlike other places!

Faith

King's College London, University of London

Religion, Politics and Society BA (Hons)

I have loved my course and my department, however doing my final year online has been challenging and limiting. The atmosphere and setting on university is extremely helpful for study and without this it has been hard.

Maleeha

Modern Literature & Culture MA

This year has been the hardest year for me as an MA student. KCL has done a brilliant job at transferring everyone online and making resources and faculties available online. But I think more needed to be done to support students mental health and financial wellbeing. After graduating from my BA in a pandemic, I felt very overwhelmed, constantly burnt out and not as engaged as I went straight into my MA course. It all felt very surreal and undervalued in the midst of COVID-19 - especially as my university is based in London. Overall, my academic year has been a real struggle to get through and I’m still trying my hardest to keep with the workload and give in essays with extended deadlines. But the lack of motivation and sense of academic achievement this year has been completely zero. Ultimately, I don’t feel I got the university experience and academic motivation I paid with my university loan - definitely not value for my money. It many ways I wish I had deferred this year and waited to see how universities would deal with the pandemic, especially with the lack of support from the Government.

Abigail

Mathematics BSc (Hons)

I have found working online really hard to engage with and feel like I know less about the subject than when I started the degree. I haven't met anyone on my course and feel quite isolated

Matilde

Mathematics BSc (Hons)

Overall, I think most of my professors and tutors did their best in teaching and supporting students online despite the difficult times. In my case, all lecture material was new and we had plenty of ways to ask questions in most modules. The university offered financial and emotional help to students who were quarantining.

Paula

King's College London, University of London

Neuroscience and Psychology with a Year Abroad BSc (Hons)

In definite, this has been a very tough year due to covid but I strongly believe that the people working in kings helped strongly especially those in our course

Zubeir

King's College London, University of London

International Development BA (Hons)

I would definitely say this year has been, well, very tumultuous. I have made a total of 4 (four) friends from my course, which is way less than i anticipated. Exams have been super tiring, couple that with a lack of mental health support, an overload of essays and assignments, mind blowing (international) fees for services you are not even using, you have the recipe for mental health problems and a very sad life. 2/10 recommend.

Mariola

Artificial Intelligence MSc

It has been good, but probably not as good as it would have been if it weren't for covid restrictions. Was difficult to make connections with the lecturers and staff.

Olamide

Nursing with Registration as a Mental Health Nurse MSc

The admin team can be very difficult to contact. It isn't easy to get any administration issues resolved, they may never get resolved unless it's to do with tuition or stopping you from starting placements. However, lecturers are very supportive and easily reachable by email.