Keele University

1,517 Keele University reviews

• Keele University
RD
Rebekah-Anis Doostdar-Smith

The atmosphere is great and the lecturers aren’t distant. The campus is beautiful which helps. I notice inconsistencies when the university and SU respond to situations regarding gender and race

ZB
Zara Batool

Pharmacy MPharm (Hons)

Many opportunities given for e.g work experience or jobs Lots of support given for cv writing Transport networks are poor, uni is not near the train station and location of uni isn't ideal so they should support students with transport e.g maybe sending out mini buses

NH
Natalie Hanson

The campus is beautiful and there’s always lots on to do. Lectures are interesting and there’s a wide range of modules. The only thing I’d change is make the student support more accessible because they’re difficult to contact.

Arron Housley
First gen student

Computer Science MSc

Keele university has a beautiful campus in a nice quiet location. This is perfect for me however some students will need to travel in order to get food and other supplies with only a few shops on campus. The facilities I use are brilliant as the PCs are fast and responsive which is needed on my course. Even though I have had little experience with student support, I hear it is perfect from my fellow classmates. The only downside to Keele university is the past few years have had very little student life due to covid-19. Therefore I am not able to say how good the students union or student life is at Keele. The university should add more shops onto campus and they should also improve the students union. Keele is a great university for peaceful studying with great lectures and facilities.

First gen student

Forensic and Analytical Investigation with Integrated Masters MSci (Hons)

Campus is absolutely BEAUTIFUL I immediately fell in love with it. There's so much green space and lovely walks and little things to discover. The facilities are great- the science labs are big and have lots of top quality equipment that is used in actual real labs. The library is absolutely massive and has silent study spaces and other study spaces where you can work with friends or a group. Lecture halls are nicely laid out and have a speaker system set in so you can always hear the lecturer. At the moment (2021/22), lectures are recorded and uploaded which is really helpful as we can look back again. The student union is good, cheap drinks!! And a nice place to go to chill with your friends or party. The kitchen also does amazing curly fries which are great after a night out. 20 minute bus journey to town, a bit longer for Hanley but there's more there so it's worth it. Lots of food places nearby that deliver to the uni, some nice places to go out and eat in town too. Accommodation is mostly nice (you pretty much get what you pay for) does the job and isn't completely horrible. I was worried I wouldn't get along with my flatmates but I did :) joining group chats and not being afraid to talk to people really helps . At the moment for my course (2021/22) (and not all courses are like this atm) all my lectures are online which to be honest I hate because I can't find the motivation to do them. But they're all recorded or videos to watch online so you can go back to them when you have motivation. Assessments are fine, sometimes the briefs are a bit vague but teachers are always happy to clarify things and your classmates will help too. I've had a mixture of essays, multiple choice questions, short answer exams (open book and 24hr) and in class assessed practicals. They're all very manageable especially if you are prepared or know somewhat what is going on. I love the freedom I have at uni and keele is a really good place to be :)

1 people found this helpful

Elizabeth

Chemistry and Forensic Science BSc (Hons)

- Many great events are held throughout the week - Great atmosphere that all Keele students have - Lecturers are very professional and helpful - More individual group spaces should be built in the library

Tebuho

Psychology and Education BSc (Hons)

Response time of urgent enquiries and I have been stigmatised by some lecturers

Aimee Hull

Mathematics (Pure Mathematics) BSc (Hons)

Best

AM
Aleksandra Madej

Computer Science BSc (Hons)

I love the location. It is quiet and remote, but still very close to Stoke town centre. It feels very safe, because of the fact that it is away from town, but still close enough to go there whenever we want to. The campus has lots of nature around, which is beautiful. Overall, I felt very happy and safe whenever I was on campus. The downside, would be that quite a lot of staff have recently left. Although the school made sure to minimise the impact on students, it still caused some confusion, especially regarding third year project supervisors. But, the only thing I could think of that Keele as a whole could improve, was to provide more insight and more information to students, maybe even opportunities to get involved, in the smart energy on campus. I know they have several projects for that, but they aren't talked about as much to students as they probably should be. They should offer a way for us to see everything they are doing on campus and be able to get involved maybe.

Amber Hider

History with Foundation Year BA (Hons)

The campus is gorgeous and a lovely place to go! I find that the student support for mental health could be improved