786 Imperial College London reviews

• Imperial College London
Joseff

MSc Physics

Student support terrible. Student wellbeing is awful. Staff said in first year that suicide was no longer and issue as they hadn’t had any in a few years. Horrible way to think. Teaching was of bad standard as lecturers were far too into their research.

Natalie

Medicine MB BS

Excellent course with great tutors and a supportive faculty. the course is blended, including clinical contact from year one, and the teaching is very thorough and relevant. Clinical skills training also begins from term 1.

Caitlin

Imperial College London

Electrical & Electronic Engineering with Management MEng (Hons)

A very good university with lots of great job prospects. The course can be very tough sometimes, but it’s well worth it in the end. Management modules only start in 3rd year.

Charlie

Chemistry MSci (Hons)

I had a great time. The social life is ok but nothing special as a lot of the kids here are very studious and only focus on their degree. So many extra curricular opportunities with hundreds of societies to join and do scuba or climbing or whatever . Even a cheese society. But if you meet the right people it doesn’t matter because you’re in London.

John

MRes Bioengineering

Bad experience. Wouldn't have done this iBSC again if I had the chance. Notwithstanding the pandemic this course is poorly designed and I feel pity for the incoming students who will have to sit closed book exams and endure the same false choice of compulsory elective modules, most of which have nothing to do with medical students or indeed pay any attention to the needs or background knowledge of medical students. Course seems to be 10/10 for MSC bioengineers, for the iBSC course its a straight 0/10, don't bother.

Imperial College London

MRes Biomedical Research (Microbiome in Health and Disease)

Really liked the projects and got to learn and advance numerous skills both inside and outside the laboratories. Got to interact with many different students from different backgrounds and also got introduced into the aspect of individual research which gave me an insight into what I wanted to do later by continuing in my PhD.

Sally

Medicine MB BS

I have mainly had clinical placements so have been in hospitals for most of this year which means most of my teaching has continued and it hasn’t been too isolating however I feel like sometimes our mental health hasn’t always been taken into consideration and more could’ve been to provide support to us at this time

Lisa

MSc Management

Imperial has a really good alumni network which current students can benefit greatly from. The teachers as also experts in their field so you get a very varied yet informed education. However, there is quite little being done to encourage social interaction between students, which obviously has been impacted by Covid.

Imperial College London

Chemistry with Spanish for Science MSci (Hons)

Has been taught mostly online but been a good experience. Good facilities and good management for COVID but online provisions for labs has not been very good as they haven’t been interactive. Excellent support from staff

Eleanor

Medicine MB BS

This year in particular has been a challenge due to Covid. Academically I have been well supported as I’m part of a small cohort but I have not really had the opportunity for many other aspects of university life. This hasn’t been a massive problem for me as it’s my fourth year so I already have an established group of friends etc but for younger years it must have been a challenge