Hereford College of Arts | Student Reviews

11 Hereford College of Arts reviews

• Hereford College of Arts
Sally

Hereford College of Arts

Contemporary Design Crafts BA (Hons)

Very positive so far. I'm still pinching myself that I get to go to university every day, and I know I have support when I need it. It feels like a community.

Tom

Hereford College of Arts

Contemporary Design Crafts BA (Hons)

I could not be happier with my experience at HCA. There is an intimate and friendly commuting atmosphere at the university. Both students and lecturers alike are approachable and happy to share the wealth of knowledge that is on hand. There is a broad spectrum of students from varying backgrounds. Each bring with them their own experiences and skills which are of a huge benefit to the wider student community. The same can be said of the teaching staff, who all bring and share their unique skills.

Lisa

Hereford College of Arts

Textile Design (Top Up) BA (Hons)

I would highly recommend HCA they are dedicated to supporting educational, emotional & wellbeing needs of every student. I went to HCA as a top up student and was offered as much support as I needed by tutors, technicians, academic mentors and all other staff within HCA.

Helen

Textile Design BA (Hons)

It’s a nice college, there is freedom but of course there are rules and guidelines to follow - like any other course you want to get a qualification in. Door open policy from everyone where everyone is happy to help and support you if you want it. Be honest and they will help or support. I got the freedom to explore my own style. This is why I went to Hereford. If you DONT want one of these teacher led programs where you get told when you can breathe then Hereford is for you, you are encouraged to explore and challenge yourself and the medium of textiles.

Kimberley

Textile Design BA (Hons)

It was a brilliant experience! It was really difficult to choose the right university to go to, but I'm so glad I chose HCA! University can get quite stressful, but being at a smaller uni felt more relaxed and less intimidating. I honestly think I wouldnt of enjoyed it as much if I had been at another uni. The staff, workshops, studio, and peers made it such an enjoyable experience.

Celyn

Textile Design BA (Hons)

The best 3 years of my life. All staff is friendly and make you feel welcomed into all areas of design regardless of you degree subject. As the uni is quite small there aren’t hundreds of students trying to see one tutor so you get much more contact time with your tutors and have much more personal relationships with them which makes studying much easier

Lily

Textile Design BA (Hons)

A wide range of workshops and projects to take part in and the space to express individual ideas and processes. Always about to see a tutor and multiple ones as well to get feedback and help with project at anytime

Simon

Hereford College of Arts

Graphic and Media Design BA (Hons)

Its great so far, I've made some good friends, the tutors are really nice and helpful, I enjoy coming to uni. My design work is getting better all the time and I can talk about design like a professional.

Mark

Hereford College of Arts

Performing Arts BA (Hons)

The course has led me to many opportunities outside of the college course including multiple days of paid work and just being able to begin a conversation with like minded people outside of the college about what it is that I want to pursue once I’ve finished the course. Being a smaller course it really helps me to develop any ideas I have with more one on one time with our tutors but also the option of collaborating with other courses is an added bonus that no other institution seems to offer.

Rees

Hereford College of Arts

Performing Arts BA (Hons)

I’ve had a fantastic time at Art College, the tutors really do motivate you and inspire you to achieve what you want to achieve. They helped me build a network of contacts as well, which include some In America who are very high up in their work! Which I am still in touch with them now! As well as doing all these opportunities, you get to performing at wonderful venues such as Birmingham Hippodrome, Hay Festival and so much more! It’s pretty amazing what you get up to with your time at HCA!