Hereford College of Arts

14 Hereford College of Arts reviews

• Hereford College of Arts
MC
Madeline Craft

Graphic and Media Design BA (Hons)

I enjoy the the facilities and staff.

ER
Ellie Rolfe

Illustration BA (Hons)

They host lots of fun events and competitions for the students to engage in. It’s a very relaxed environment. The tutors can be unreliable at times especially in my third year sometimes we only have two mornings a week timetabled to talk to them which they consistently miss. Still better than many unis where you can be waiting months to talk to your tutor

Calum

Obviously lockdown has impacted upon my HCA experience negatively but I have bounced back and HCA is doing everything possible to allow me to be the creative I want to be.

Sally

Contemporary Design Crafts BA (Hons)

Very positive so far. I'm still pinching myself that I get to go to university every day, and I know I have support when I need it. It feels like a community.

Tom

Contemporary Design Crafts BA (Hons)

I could not be happier with my experience at HCA. There is an intimate and friendly commuting atmosphere at the university. Both students and lecturers alike are approachable and happy to share the wealth of knowledge that is on hand. There is a broad spectrum of students from varying backgrounds. Each bring with them their own experiences and skills which are of a huge benefit to the wider student community. The same can be said of the teaching staff, who all bring and share their unique skills.

Lisa

Textile Design (Top Up) BA (Hons)

I would highly recommend HCA they are dedicated to supporting educational, emotional & wellbeing needs of every student. I went to HCA as a top up student and was offered as much support as I needed by tutors, technicians, academic mentors and all other staff within HCA.

Helen

Textile Design BA (Hons)

It’s a nice college, there is freedom but of course there are rules and guidelines to follow - like any other course you want to get a qualification in. Door open policy from everyone where everyone is happy to help and support you if you want it. Be honest and they will help or support. I got the freedom to explore my own style. This is why I went to Hereford. If you DONT want one of these teacher led programs where you get told when you can breathe then Hereford is for you, you are encouraged to explore and challenge yourself and the medium of textiles.

Kimberley

Textile Design BA (Hons)

It was a brilliant experience! It was really difficult to choose the right university to go to, but I'm so glad I chose HCA! University can get quite stressful, but being at a smaller uni felt more relaxed and less intimidating. I honestly think I wouldnt of enjoyed it as much if I had been at another uni. The staff, workshops, studio, and peers made it such an enjoyable experience.

Celyn

Textile Design BA (Hons)

The best 3 years of my life. All staff is friendly and make you feel welcomed into all areas of design regardless of you degree subject. As the uni is quite small there aren’t hundreds of students trying to see one tutor so you get much more contact time with your tutors and have much more personal relationships with them which makes studying much easier

Lily

Textile Design BA (Hons)

A wide range of workshops and projects to take part in and the space to express individual ideas and processes. Always about to see a tutor and multiple ones as well to get feedback and help with project at anytime