Hartpury University

1,267 Hartpury University reviews

• Hartpury University
Noah Honour
First gen student

Sports Coaching BSc (Hons)

Hartpury is a welcoming place with a beautiful campus and good facilities. The staff made the environment safe and bring character to lectures, keeping them interesting and enjoyable. University life has been a big step in my life but it has been filled with good memories and knowledge. Being able to use the universities high standard of facilities has made learning exciting and given me lots of good opportunities. Being able to enjoy BUCS Wednesdays and watch hartpury Rugby on the alpas is a highlight of my time here so far.

GW
Georgia Woolf-Holloway
First gen student

Animal Behaviour and Welfare BSc (Hons)

The facilities for each speciality are amazing and the campus has such a community feel.

EM
Estella Maloney-Danvers

MSc / Postgraduate Diploma / Postgraduate Certificate Sports Management

Hartpury is a place like I’ve never experienced before. This is my first year here and the campus is nothing short of beautiful. the uni is so unique and offers something completely different than anywhere else I’ve studied or visited. 9am’s are so much easier when you have a view like this outside the window! The teaching is great and so easy to engage with, I feel like they give me a real understanding of the content but also encourage me to apply what I’ve learnt directly to my field. Everything we learn is so practical and I love that! As a sports student I’d recommend Hartpury to anyone who wanted to play or study sport. I’d like Hartpury to be improved by diversifying it’s staff and student population, potentially offering different sports that attract a wider variety of people so there are less barriers for people to experience and appreciate what the uni has to offer. I feel valued and supported here and I’m excited to see what the rest of the year has to offer and where being a ‘Hartpury graduate’ can take me.

Britney

Human-Animal Interaction BSc (Hons)

I have been at Hartpury for 5 years. I started doing Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animal Management and then progressed into doing BSc (Hons) Human-Animal Interactions (Animal-Assisted Therapy). I would more than 110% recommend Hartpury College and University to anyone. The college lecturers go above and beyond to help you in your studies and give you extra help out if their time and teaching too. The university lecturers are extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic about their work. Don’t forget all of the amazing animals there too!

Jack Bowers

Sports Therapy (with Foundation Year) BSc (Hons)

Fantastic country side campus, amazing sports facilities. Great to go and watch the sports events that are on. Good spaces to go and work such as they study lounge and the library.

JH
Josh Harrison

Sports Business Management BA (Hons)

Hartpury itself is ideal for the up and coming sports professional and so the facilities we have are very good and it allows you to become a better player in multiple sports such as rugby, football and then horse riding. Hartpury university isn’t a place to go if you just want a university experience of clubbing everyday etc, it’s about working hard and earning the reward to go out on a Wednesday after game day!! My total experience at hartpury began when I went to college there and so progressed through, due to this Hartpury give you £500 per year for staying on and I believe that is a great incentive A hand full of lecturers are there for you no matter what, and will help you when you are struggling, other lecturers don’t give you that feeling,

BM
Ben Mazzotta

Sports Business Management BA (Hons)

Hartpury is amazing I came here for college and stayed on for Uni. The campus is incredible with 365 hectares of Gloucestershire countryside with all the facilities you could ever need for any sport, equine or agricultural needs. And after a day of lectures or sport there is plenty to do whether you have a pint in Legends, join in with an activity that the Student Union are putting on or go and do one of the many things you can do in Gloucester, you will never be bored. There are very few negatives about Hartpury but one is that some of the accommodation blocks are a little run down however I know there are some plans to refurbish these. Overall Hartpury has been the best 2 and a half years of my life and I couldn't recommend it more

Meghan Smith

Agriculture BSc (Hons)

After spending nearly four years at Hartpury, I can safely say that attending this university was one of the best decisions I could have made. The community and ‘family-feel’ is second to none. The lecturers love what they do and that is clear to students when you walk into the first lecture. COVID-19 has been tough but they have adapted and done all they can to make our student lives easier. The university is supportive when it comes to student learning, health, the student experience and more. I cannot go without mentioning the campus… with a very spread out campus, Hartpury University is gorgeous. Great views while in lectures at Hartpury House and the farm, a lake with bird life and loads of large, open fields. The sports pitches, farm, equine facilities and animal collection are real assets to the university and most importantly, student learning. In terms of improvements, I would say that equine needs more turnout for all the horses. The gym for non-academy students needs an update as the equipment is not that great, especially for a serious gym-junkie who lives on site. I could not recommend Hartpury enough, especially for anyone wanting to study an animal or agriculture course.

Alice Bailey

Animal Behaviour and Welfare (with Foundation Year) BSc (Hons)

Hartpury really is a second home & family. The support I've had is fantastic. Beautiful campus, really feel like I belong here.

Alisha

Zoology BSc (Hons)

The best aspect of my uni experience is the amount of experience you can gain without leaving the uni. I have gained so much experience in farming which I didn’t have before I came and now I am fully set up for a career after I leave uni doing sheep farming. My lecturer is so helpful and understanding and it’s an honour learning from her. The worst aspect is the social side! Hartpury isn’t like other unis it isn’t very social apart from on a Wednesday and everyone tends to stay in their groups and split up away from each other. It isn’t a very big drinking uni so you have to keep that in mind and it’s also very small.