Student reviews of Guildhall School of Music & Drama

2 Guildhall School of Music & Drama reviews

• Guildhall School of Music & Drama
James

Guildhall School of Music & Drama

Uni is probably the best thing I've ever done. Freshers week is awesome, expect late nights/mornings, there are loads of opportunities everywhere. It really is a once in a lifetime experience, it's truly awesome. I've learnt more than I ever thought I would, I've found new interests that I wasn't expecting, I've met so many experienced professionals, I've been to lots of theatre as part of the course as well. First time away from home, and living in a flat etc was daunting, but you learn to cope really easily and fast. I can't wait to carry on at Guildhall, I genuinely look forward to it, but I never look at the money situation, because that would tell another story.

Music BMus (Hons)

Great overall vibe-what makes GSMD stand out is the people. There is a real sense of unity among and between the departments-partly because the departments all cross over. For example, Jazz musicians do Classical work, Opra students straddle the Music and Drama courses, Technical Theatre students work in performances and productions in the school and elsewhere as well. Also just had a new world class concert hall, Milton Court, built right across the road.