Glasgow School of Art | Student Reviews

288 Glasgow School of Art reviews

• Glasgow School of Art

Glasgow School of Art

Fine Art - Environmental Art/Sculpture BA (Hons)

In an alternate universe I'd sue them for false advertising and wasting my time and money. I don't suggest looking at their website description at all, because it reads like propaganda when compared to my actual experience. 1: There is no allocated time to present or discuss interests/projects/struggles/opportunities with your classmates in the curriculum at all. There is no opportunity to present your works to the class so everyone gets to know each other as artists anytime during the year. 2: There are no actual "courses", they've separated the year into different projects and a new tutor comes in for every or every two projects or so. They often don't introduce themselves at all and in my experience are not willing to get to know students and help them with anything outside of the project. There're also no electives to engage students diversely. 3: Lack of talks/events/gallery spaces/professional connections. According to the curriculum plan, it seems that there is only one exhibition opportunity all the way at the end of 4th year. There is no move to develop students' personal art/work/practice and help them get publications/publicity/recognition in any form. As a result projects and time are often unorganized and left completely to students. Attendance issues are statistic and so is failure to finish projects. Worst of all, the dep head was very dishonest with me during the application process, he is either very unaware of how the program is actually doing or thinks it's fine to say whatever he needs to get me to pay the tuition. It's likely a mix of both but this place has a horrible sense of community and is living off of its former reputation. As it is now, it's not a place worth your time or money.

Alexandra

Architecture BArch (Hons)

Very intriguing and challenging but also fun and gives me so much. You get to learn more about yourself and also have fun on the way towards a degree. As an internation student however, brexit is causing me to be a bit anxious about the future.

Dabo

Glasgow School of Art

Fine Art - Environmental Art/Sculpture BA (Hons)

The worst education establishment I have ever attended. It is an institution which is purely interested in promoting it’s own ‘excellence’ and mystique but lets students down at every opportunity. Staff would barely notice if someone just stopped attending altogether. Supervision is so minimal that I think it would be feasible to simply come in, set up a degree show, hand in a dissertation and they would probably award you a degree there and then!

Beth
02 Jul 19

Glasgow School of Art

Fine Art - Painting/Printmaking BA (Hons)

Wouldn't recommend £9250 for nothing, don't waste your time! I worked hard for 3 years to go to my dream art school and was left very disappointed. It's a lot of money to pay for a disorganised course with a complete lack of resources

Mo

Glasgow School of Art

Silversmithing & Jewellery Design BA (Hons)

I have enjoyed the lifestyle but if I were to apply for uni again I certainly wouldn’t apply to GSA. They’re disorganised, unsupportive and honestly all you need to look at is the fact they are at the bottom of the league table for student satisfaction and that says it all.

Medical Visualisation and Human Anatomy

The academic institutions are well organised, highly qualified staff, broad spectrum of educational instruments, clear goals and high level offer and expectations. I just wish I would work harder to take advantage of the resources available here. The city is absolutely gorgeous, could spend my entire time wandering the streets, and my entire fortune here shopping. :)) Last but not least, the people are very friendly and relaxed, yet not intrusive (I am 6-foot 7, never seen a taller guy yet, yet no one stares - big thumbs up).

Architecture BArch (Hons)

it's been grand

Master of Fine Art

dench!

Fine Art Practice

Overall pretty great

Glasgow School of Art

Fine Art - Painting/Printmaking BA (Hons)

It;s been good