Glasgow Caledonian University | Student Reviews

1,093 Glasgow Caledonian University reviews

• Glasgow Caledonian University
deek

Social Work BA (Hons)

Awful. I just want to complete this degree then get as far away from social care as possible.

Alejandra

Glasgow Caledonian University

International Project Management (Energy, Construction Management, Oil and Gas) MSc

In general is a very good university with good lecturers and services. Before coming I thought it was going to be bigger but The campus is very small and they are extremely straight when marking

Carla

Optometry BSc (Hons)

I have overall enjoyed my experience thus far, I have made some good friends and I'm happy enough with the course work. The library has been a godsend and it's very convenient having halls so close by

Sharon

Glasgow Caledonian University

Information Technology Management for Business (ITMB) BSc (Hons)

Excellent experience. Has all required facilities. Has 24 hr lab where work can be done. Also the library has floors with noise restrictions, whichbquite useful for private study.

ChiaChian

International Business Management MSc

it is perfect. meet lots friends from different countries and enjoy a great student life. But I am really sorry about the other programms which teaching was unbelievable unorganized, lack of the structure and plan. might not be able to have the second trimester. It is very unacceptable .

Calvin

Glasgow Caledonian University

Information Technology Management for Business (ITMB) BSc (Hons)

I have mixed feeling about university. I'm not sure if academia is for me. There is a fairly high level of stuffy-ness, looking down upon perfectly valid sources because they're not 'academic', there is an expectation that writing should conform to an academic style. There is an expectation that a high-level of self-learning is conducted whilst also giving large and time courseworks which inhibit this style of individual learning. Many lectures are poorly presented or presented in environments in which it is very difficult to gain anything from the lecture so all lectures must be then revisited in order to learn from them. However, I like being around other students. I like the laid back vibe and the openness many people have. In some cases, lecturers have been very good in the way in which they teach and interact with students. I'm of the belief that if all my lecturers were like this I may have enjoyed university more.

Gillian

Nursing Studies (Child) BSc

I am a mature student and have loved the experience so far. I have a young family so trying to juggle everything is difficult, however the uni do make things accessible enough to time manage and support.

Daniel

Glasgow Caledonian University

Quantity Surveying BSc (Hons)

My overall University experience so far Is that it has been hard to cope with the whole workload as well as working with my full time job also. Moreover, I got changed cohort whilst half way through the course which meant I had another class to go on to as well which I had missed more than half of the lectures already making it pretty unfair.

Alex

Glasgow Caledonian University

Environmental Civil Engineering BSc (Hons)

It has been really good. Made lots of friends and life outside of university is really fun. I enjoy my time in class, however, feel I learn more during my practice placement education. The theory we learn in class comes to life through placement and allows for further skill development. The skills developed through placement will advance my existing skillset from the theory-based educational setting of the classroom to allow me to succeed in my future profession. The library is very accessible with many resources that allow me to further succeed in my studies. The LDC offers many educational sessions as well as one-to-one sessions you can book to help enable success. The professors do make themselves available and care about your success if you approach them. I would rather have a different learning style in which we are graded on more than one assignment, to have more ability to showcase our different skill set.

kirsty

Glasgow Caledonian University

International Fashion Business (3rd year entry) BA (Hons)

has been good so far very rewarding. good to get to know new people and have new experiences. have learned more about my subject. plenty of sports and societys available to choose from