Glasgow Caledonian University | Student Reviews

1,093 Glasgow Caledonian University reviews

• Glasgow Caledonian University
Nargis

Nursing Studies (Mental Health) BSc

I am enjoying my time at this university. I get all the support I need for example how to write my essays, how to write refferences, and how to research. This helps me to grow academically. I also get support on applying for mitigating circumstance, something I didnt know that was available.

Robyn

Glasgow Caledonian University

Radiotherapy and Oncology BSc (Hons)

I enjoy university. Although it has been stressful and taxing it has been a good social and academic experience. I enjoy classes however I do not enjoy placements as much but thst is a person thing. It has lots of amenities and things to do and the staff are great. I would 100% recommend GCU.

Iain

Glasgow Caledonian University

Diagnostic Imaging BSc (Hons)

Have enjoyed it, the support is excellent and always someone on hand to guide or help you. Student union could do with upgrade however support by the association is good. Would recommend

Alannah

Glasgow Caledonian University

International Events Management (3rd year entry) BA (Hons)

I have enjoyed my experience so far as I have been able to challenge myself and learn a lot since I began my course. I have been reaffirmed by my feedback and results and have met lots of new interesting people.

Elka

Environmental Management (Waste, Energy, Water, Oil and Gas) MSc

Amazing i love it !! I wish i could stay longer but the course is only 1 year. Great space and staff are excellent. Very supportive and very friendly . I definitely recommend this course

Taylor

Optometry BSc (Hons)

Gcu is an excellent university especially if you want to pursue a career in the health industry. There is a great sense of community between students and a lot of acceptence

Social Work BA (Hons)

I have been left slightly dissatisfied with my university experience so far. The uni states it's for the common good and yet so far I have witnessed, exclusion, discrimination, judgemental attitudes, lack of support and ignorant attitudes.

Pawel

Computing BSc (Hons)

It's been mostly good. I like the facilities, central location, number of various societies. There are some areas that could be improved mainly in how modules delivered and clearer coursework instructions because some are written in an ambiguous way and caused some confusion in the group. Also, and I'm guessing it's everywhere like this now but (probably because of the volume of material to be delivered) lecturers usually do not have time to teach students instead of teaching subjects , and in some cases teaching including practical elements is very abstracted from real world work scenarios. With that said overall experience is positive.

Tina

Nursing Studies (Adult) BSc

I have a supportive personal tutor and facilitators. I have the up most respect for them. I’m enjoying my time at university but at the same time scared as I’m an older adult returning to education after leaving school in 1995.

Emma

Nursing Studies (Adult) BSc

It has been very good. Everyone is welcoming. The lecturers are very supportive as is my PT. I’ve made friends and I am loving the course. Everything is going well so far