Glasgow Caledonian University | Student Reviews

1,274 Glasgow Caledonian University reviews

• Glasgow Caledonian University
James

Podiatry BSc (Hons)

Podiatry is a bad course choice with a shocking clinical fail rate, literally almost half my class failed clinical exams and had to leave the programme. Lack of opportunity within the industry, stay away form it would be my advise .. GCU is a good University, situation in a excellent location. The campus is small but practical and facilities are well maintained.

Nursing Studies (Adult) BSc

Because I cannot score zero stars . The poorest thing about GCU is the seriously below average standard of the nursing dept staff. Even at management level, very very bitchy & unprofessional.

Rebekah

Glasgow Caledonian University

Multimedia Journalism BA (Hons)

The Multimedia Journalism course is by far the best you could get in Scotland to prepare you for the real industry. I enjoyed all of my journalism classes. GCU wasn't what I expected from a university experience though. The student union lacked in activities so if you didn't join a club then your social life was entirely off-campus. If you're looking for a classic uni experience be aware that the majority of students at GCU travel from home everyday so there may not be a house party/going out vibe with your new classmates or friends

Glasgow Caledonian University

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

Overal I have felt disappointment by the lack of support and misled into participating in the 4 year course. At the start they made it seem like there were good job prospects but after missing out on the placement which you did not find out about till half way through 3rd year you find out the NHS will not even interview.

Sam

Glasgow Caledonian University

Diagnostic Imaging BSc (Hons)

I have loved it, really interesting, met lots of great friends, interesting modules and friendly and supportive staff. I would recommend to anyone thinking about diagnostic imaging or even just going to Gcu in general.

Fran

Glasgow Caledonian University

Computer Games (Art and Animation) BSc (Hons)

Fantastic. Made lots of friends, and the course is great. Not too slow, and fast enough to not bore people. Classmates are very chill, and teachers are understanding and nice. Can get a bit stressful when given coursework. But overall very nice.

Devon

Glasgow Caledonian University

Social Sciences BA (Hons)

It’s been good overall. The transition between school and university has been interesting, I’m surprised to find that it’s not as full on as school was, and I like having the freedom to control my own education and study patterns. I like the societies that I have joined. They’re great from a social perspective, which is what I was really looking for. Plus it gives me something to do other than work or studying.

r

Glasgow Caledonian University

International Tourism and Events Management BA (Hons)

i deal with deep mental health issues/disabilities while studying which has not made my experience very enjoyable, however i have a great amount of support on this front and i commend the university for this.

Elanor

DPsych Sport and Exercise Psychology

Mainly positive, but under-staffing does affect quality of course. The course is good, but sometimes the sport psych course gets lost in the counselling course emphasis.

David

Law (Fast-Track) LLB

I feel after being at university it is similar experience however being older I feel that a lot of the unimportant items taught can be left out. There are a couple of lecturers who understand this and the teaching is concise.