Futureworks

293 Futureworks reviews

Our collection of real, honest student reviews of unis and courses is the largest in the UK, and help you make well-informed decisions about your future. Student reviews also form the basis of our annual Whatuni Student Choice Awards(WUSCAs), which highlight great work carried out by institutions for their students.

• Futureworks
Kieran
FIRST YEAR

Digital Animation with Illustration BA (Hons)

I haven't gone around the uni a lot much, but so far pretty good.

Jack
THIRD YEAR

Game Art BA (Hons)

It has been a great place to study and improve.

Alexis
FIRST YEAR

Audio Engineering and Production BSc (Hons)

Not explained much but it seems fine.

James

Visual Effects BA (Hons)

Love the uni and the people here. However not many clubs here.

James
FIRST YEAR

Music Production BA (Hons)

They have good facilities

GP
Grace Palmer
FIRST YEAR

Audio Engineering and Production BSc (Hons)

The facilities are really great and the university is smaller size and makes everything feel more personal . However, there is no campus and uni life is a bit different.

Jacob
SECOND YEAR

Game Art BA (Hons)

The university allows me to percue my career and motivates me to continue working

Elliott
SECOND YEAR

University is really good

AL
ALEX LYTHGOE
FIRST YEAR

Independent Filmmaking BA (Hons)

The worst aspect for me is travelling because I decided to stay home for my first year, but the Uni itself is easily accessible. The staff are all very friendly and currently work in the industries they're tutoring us about. The Independant Film course is very practical and hands on from my own experience which makes it easier to learn overall and in general is a lot more fun than just sitting and being lectured. The student services are always doing their best to get in touch with the students, ask how the uni could be improved according to our standards and acting on those statements that students put forwards, there are also lots of university events that we can attend to make friends. Not only are the staff great, but the students are too. I thought I would have trouble making friends but it turns out that Futureworks is an all round friendly environment and is easy to adjust to. Before going to uni, I was planning to take an apprenticeship at the BBC and Futureworks was my backup. However as I started the year of learning I began hoping that I didn't pass the final screening for the applicants so that i could stay with my class. Another point to make, as the lead student rep for the TV and Film School, i can see first hand just how much effort the Directors' Board and all staff put into listening to the voices and ideas of students, we even get to put ideas forward for what we should spend the funding on. If you're interested in Game Design, Sound or Tv and Film, I highly recommend Futureworks as the uni you choose.

Reviewed: 05 March 2022
SV
Sam Valentine

Visual Effects BA (Hons)

Friendly atmosphere - I know every university student says this but it’s genuinely the most down to earth and level atmosphere I’ve experienced since I started education. Only improvement could possibly be the foot mileage to get there once off transport, but if you have a car or don’t mind walking for about 8 or so minutes it’s all good. Especially given both locations are fairly well integrated into the public transport network.

Reviewed: 04 March 2022