Futureworks

293 Futureworks reviews

Our collection of real, honest student reviews of unis and courses is the largest in the UK, and help you make well-informed decisions about your future. Student reviews also form the basis of our annual Whatuni Student Choice Awards(WUSCAs), which highlight great work carried out by institutions for their students.

• Futureworks
AS
Alice Seymour-Faulkner
SECOND YEAR

Post Production for Film and TV BA (Hons)

Futureworks is an amazing university to be a part of. Due to the small class sizes (around 10-15) the teaching is intimate and supportive and means you can develop great relationships with your lecturers which makes the environment very relaxed and supportive. All the lecturers are friendly and extremely experienced in their relative industries so you are treat like an equal adult and professional whilst studying here. The courses are all built around the industry today so I know I will be set post graduation to transition into employment after the teaching and groundwork Futureworks have laid for me. Lecturers have your back and will share potential work opportunities whilst you study as well as connecting students from different courses to collaborate together. It's a great option for prospective students who maybe are weary of a huge campus and the more intimidating experience of a bigger university due to how small we are but I would also say to anyone worried about the size and feeling like they are missing out on the typical uni experience that this isn't the case. Manchester is a huge city and all my friends and current housemates I met out and about and are from other universities in the city. The facilities staff are super knowledgeable and friendly and Futureworks is full of industry grade equipment that is also achievable for you to purchase post graduation if you were to go freelance. It can be booked out any time during your study so you are not limited to only using it for coursework so you are free to specialise and perfect your craft all year and help build your own unique portfolio. The leader of the post production course has knowledge across a huge range of software. He goes above and beyond in supporting us all. The only thing I think that could be improved is some of the social activism aspect as I think its quite heavily performative but that's common at all universities and most institutions currently. There is also no gender neutral bathrooms which is something that should be looked into addressing. We do have an active student committee that does accomplish change though so I'm sure I can help advocate this in my last year.

Liam
2 reviews

Games Design BA (Hons)

Very good location (easy access and transport locations)

Madelyn

Games Design BA (Hons)

Different structure to most universities, focused on tutoring as opposed to lectures.

Nadia

Games Design BA (Hons)

Student services can be a little slow with some things but are very friendly.

OW
Oli Walker
THIRD YEAR

Audio Engineering and Production BSc (Hons)

The main positives are small class sizes and hands on, industry focussed teaching.

Edgars

Games Design BA (Hons)

Kind of feels like a second college as it is small. But still provides everything you need.

Joseph
FIRST YEAR

Audio Engineering and Production BSc (Hons)

Unsure of student union as no experience with them.

Carter
FIRST YEAR

Digital Animation with Illustration BA (Hons)

Always very helpful and have time to give you a hand.

Jon

Digital Animation with Illustration BA (Hons)

Good facilities with easy access - good focus on mental health.

Ryan

Digital Animation with Illustration BA (Hons)

The place feels like an accepting community with tutors that are very knowledgeable on what they teach.