Student reviews of Futureworks

102 Futureworks reviews

• Futureworks
Jam

Visual Effects BA (Hons)

Overall great despite a few hiccups here and there. Natural. I’d recommend this uni to any students who are after resources, mentoring and tutoring and are serious about a career development.

Game Art BA (Hons)

Nobody said it would be easy and I definitely wasn't expecting it to be. I think a few people thought it would be an easy ride to a degree and you can tell who those people are. It has been stressful, difficult at times and hard work. But I have learnt some amazing things, met some great people, been taught by good tutors and I don't think I would change a thing in those regards. I feel I have definitely made the right choice with my university and am happy with where I am at with my work and portfolio. There are certain things that could do with improving like the attendence rates of some students as it can make others not want to turn up if their peers aren't and this can get in the way of their learning. The funding for the university needs improvement and that isnt the universities fault, this would improve the equipment and the university itself.

Amy

Futureworks

Digital Animation with Illustration BA (Hons)

It has been challenging but in a positive way. The university challenges you and pushes you outside the comfort zone - but that is how the work place would be like. I enjoy the assignments and like the tutors.

Kieran

Futureworks

Audio Engineering and Production BSc (Hons)

My experience at Futureworks has been thoroughly enjoyable and I learn something new every time I step into a classroom or studio. The tutors are all extremely helpful and still actively work in the industry.

Eloise

Futureworks

Digital Animation with Illustration BA (Hons)

It’s been great! Really gives an insight to what the industry is like and I have so much fun in lectures! I’d 100% recommend Futureworks to anyone looking for a uni in Manchester!

Zelaro

Games Design BA (Hons)

It's been interesting, all of the tutors know what they are talking about, and are willing to help you in any way possible to achieve the best grade. I'm looking forward to the future here, and what it has to offer.

AM
Adam Montanaro-Taylor

Games Design BA (Hons)

Fantastic, glad that I have finally had the opportunity to attend university, and especially the university that I most wanted to attend. Futureworks has been everything I expected and more, and I anticipate that my experience will only improve in the coming years.

Josh

Visual Effects BA (Hons)

Im enjoying the course so far, i have learnt a lot and im enjoying the people im learning with. The quantity of work was surprising, and i was caught out at just how fast work needs to be completed. Although, you never feel like the work your doing is useless. It all feels meaningful

Maria

Futureworks

Audio Engineering and Production BSc (Hons)

Much better than I anticipated (I expected I’d be told what to do like at school and college) but Futurworks provides the perfect balance of encouraging independence and experimentation and guiding you with working knowledge of the industry. I don’t feel scared to make mistakes here, that’s what we’re here to do and I feel really comfortable to try all my creative ideas, even if they seem stupid!

OD
Olanre David

Futureworks

Music Production BA (Hons)

My overall experience has been challenging but very enjoyable I would do another 3 years. The tutors have been super friendly and always lend a helping hand. The freedom to move around as I wish and talk to people on a level always helped too.