Falmouth University

• Falmouth University
FL
Finley Love

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

The location is amazing, the staff are excellent, really supportive and always able to talk and support you about work or other areas. The facilities available are excellent and really easy to use and everyone can use them so if there is anything which you would never get the chance to, whether its due to the course or other reasons, the workshop festivals allow you to try all of them.

1 people found this helpful

Isobel

Press & Editorial Photography BA (Hons)

The facilities that Falmouth has to offer are top quality. I've found I've had an enjoyable experience studying at Falmouth.

OS
Oakley Schofield

Computer Science BSc (Hons)

Campus and teaching environments are comfortable and well equipped, with lessons being usually clear but not really concise. Student support from teachers can be slow or unhelpful on occasion, however there are plenty of reliable and calm staff who can help get your voice heard. Facilities are expansive and great for quiet or group work, with loads of pcs and some drawing tablets. Although the lack of adobe licences and teaching is kind of sad.

Livvy

Technical Theatre Arts BA (Hons)

The campus staff are lovely and the campus is stunning

MH
Marc Hubbard

Fashion Photography BA (Hons)

The facilities are really good and I find all the lecturers are easy going and willing to help. The university itself is modern and well designed. The one thing which I think they could improve is more collaboration between courses.

Chloe
First gen student

The university campus are fantastic for inspiring creativity, I love being out on campus grounds and around nature and so close to the beaches is a big bonus. There are lots of different student life activities and societies and a thriving social scene, including game nights and poetry readings. I really enjoy the location and services at the university, the only improvement I would suggest would be if there were more mixing across the art disciplines as I would love to mix my creative writing with fine art and printmaking

Oliwia

Sustainable Product Design BA (Hons)

Being by the seaside it’s a really lovely place to study. The beach being a 10 minute walk is definitely a bonus! There is the downside of rent being a little more expensive due to it being a popular seaside town however. I would have definitely benefited from some support in finding houses to rent. The student experience is vibrant and they’re are lots of young peoples out, lots of fun and quirky restaurants to explore, etc. I have found staff within my course to be supportive and caring of the students. I definitely like that they are trying to promote cross collaboration within the courses, although this could definitely be emphasised. There are a large range of societies meaning if you want to find a group of likeminded people who enjoy similar things it is easy. The workshop facilities that are available to me are really great, and lots of technicians to help you out. I’d say my least favourite thing would be well-being support from the uni.

AO
Andreea-Anca Olt
First gen student

The best experience whilst at uni is when we have public speakers and you get to hear their journey and how they evolved in the industry. The worst experience was when I wanted to enrol at uni and the student union rep told me I am not entitled to a maintenance loan because I am not living in the UK for longer than 5 years. Asking my colleagues and other students I found out I was eligible and that made me feel discriminated against.

BY
Bozhidar Yovev

Music BA (Hons)

Falmouth Uni was a great experience, I received a lot of help regarding academical studies and mental health.

VR
Vicky Rogers

Television BA (Hons)

Falmouth uni has a really great feel to the campus as well as having great facilities, courses and an excellent support system - when struggling immensely with my mental health during first year, i received support from my lecturers & the university which helped me hugely ! The television course is fantastic & the lecturers are engaging and go above and beyond to give us support & advice, minor or major ! While first year was hindered due to covid, the lecturers did all they could to give us any opportunities for normal learning while keeping us safe. Now on second year, the course is brilliant and I love being able to use the campus. Also, the library is 24/7 and the librarians are super helpful and lovely ! I think the only improvement I can think of, would be the organisation of a couple of the modules on my course, which the lecturers are always working to improve !