1,202 Falmouth University reviews

• Falmouth University
Georgia

Photography BA (Hons)

Been underwhelming and I feel as if it's not what I was led to believe, but I've enjoyed having time and space to build my creative skillset with professional equipment (though not worth the £30k+ debt)

Grace

Falmouth University

Creative Writing BA (Hons)

I have been very fortunate to have made amazing friendships that continue to develop and flourish. Tutors have been helpful and critical when needed. Support for Personal welfare needs work though.

Georgina

Falmouth University

It’s is a nice transition into adult life with quieter surroundings than a city university. It has also been challenging as uni should be but this has been easier to deal with due to meeting like minded people to help you get along. It’s in such a calming space with so much time to think about creative opportunity.

Gab

Falmouth University

Press & Editorial Photography BA (Hons)

It’s been very up and down, I’ve wanted to give up and move home twice. And been very close to doing so. I think there is great support to help students find where they fit in.

Charlie

Falmouth University

Marine and Natural History Photography BA (Hons)

Falmouth University is a significant change for many people in terms of location and isolation. From living in an area with access to public transport to London to living in an area in which you can't rely on the Cornish public transport system, you will get stranded in the middle of nowhere. The car parking on campus is limited and expensive in their attempt to force students to take the bus however don't offer a cheaper price for students on the buses. The course changes without you being told. The course I started on is completely different from what it is now, to the extent that I wouldn't recommend anyone the course or university because you don't know what you are going to get. The university lecturers openly admit that you are a "guinea-pig" for the modules when the changes all go wrong, but only after they have blamed you for all the mistakes and poor decisions, even shouting "shame" at you in front of the whole year when you don't the answer to a question in a lecture- this is completely messing up both your confidence and overall marks, therefore, the degree you end up with is poor. I am not going to say that everything about Falmouth University is terrible. The facilities (if they aren't part of the building works) are great, I have learned a lot from the technical staff and will admit that I am better at my craft than I was before university, however, this all could be achieved to a higher standard at a different university.

Charlotte

Falmouth University

I joined in second year, meaning that I didn’t know anyone. That year was slow, lonely and uncertain. Tutors helped me through it and helped me find the support I needed. Now in third year I’m loving it! I have great friends, a great studio space and love the course. I’m learning independence and finding confidence in my work.

Aline

Falmouth University

Press & Editorial Photography BA (Hons)

Very welcoming and feels like home. Feel so safe here and everyone is so supportive. Love it. There is an amazing range of photographic equipment along with an amazing equipped gym on campus

Isabel

I love this uni

Lauren

Falmouth University

I have loved my whole experience, made so many friends and experience life away from home