1,202 Falmouth University reviews

• Falmouth University
Jamie

Falmouth University

Technical Theatre Arts BA (Hons)

My overall experience has been mixed, there has been ups and down but the course team have been effective at changing and developing the course to be effective online. The social experience hasn’t been very good but hopefully it picks up next year.

Falmouth University

Creative Music Technology BA (Hons)

Going to this University has been one of the most confusing and difficult times of my life. With every lecture being online, nobody has a clue what they're doing, the lectures are boring and bleak with every lecturer seeming as if they'd rather be somewhere else. Complaints and suggestions are entirely ignored and we're still being charged the same price we would be if we had the full experience. Falmouth's wellbeing and support team are a total embarrassment and will point you around in different locations until you've eventually gone full circle, missing a handin date and doubling all of your mental health issues. The University are amazing at just ignoring things and acting like they're not a problem. They really don't seem to care about anything other than money most of the time. I wish I could just pack it all in and leave.

Emelia

Falmouth University

Press & Editorial Photography BA (Hons)

I thought this was going to be a great experience but turns out it was full of closed minded people who dismiss your creativity. I'm on a journalism course and I have had 5 jobs in journalism and they still think I can't do it. I'm leaving this course with honesty. I also wasn't expecting to not communicate to my classmates, most of them judged me and never said a kind hi to me. I made a few mates from the course that's because they were different too.

Falmouth University

Launchpad (with MSc Entrepreneurship)

If you want to waste 1-3 years of your youth ... there you go sign up. Otherwise I'd recommend going for a different course and even a different uni all together.

Falmouth University

Journalism and Creative Writing BA (Hons)

My expectations have been shattered, it’s just a shambles and at the end of every day you feel like giving up and going home. As I wrote about before, you feel like a number on a page and not an individual, if I failed, I highly doubt anyone would care. Staff are unfriendly and talk down to you. My flat mates were the best part of my experience, I no longer want to be at this university.

Anna

Falmouth University

It could have been great, and it was..apart from the fact that my personal experience was overshadowed by being slandered by some person (ex student) in town, which caused people to harass me and gossip about me for a whole year. I still don't know exactly what it was about actually. I wanted to stay and do an MA in illustration. I had found the most wonderful place to stay too, in a beautiful house together with a friend. But since I felt unsafe and basically destroyed and dehumanized by those individuals around town who were gossiping about me, I decided to discontinue my application for the MA and to decline my offer for the room and leave Falmouth. So, I lost my opportunity to do the MA I wanted due to morally depraved individuals in Falmouth. What a shame. :)

Laura

Photography BA (Hons)

Disappointing. Very little time spent studying and the lecturers are average at best. Course is pretentious which reflects the university and I don’t feel that I’ve learned much. If work is different to what the lecturer likes it’s seen as inadequate. My advice to future students is to accept you’re paying for a qualification rather than an education. With work, just replicate what the staff show you.

20 Aug 20

Falmouth University

Fashion Photography BA (Hons)

If I could go back now I think I would of gone to a different university. I think Cornwall although it’s pretty it’s just too far away and this really makes things difficult such as travel costs if you want to go home or go to London where all the jobs are. The only good thing about the uni was the amount of studios they had and equipment you can hire. however a lot of the time it was hogged by other students either using equipment for personal work or messing around in studios with their friends. Accommodation needs looking at. It is all over the place and some need refurbishment for the money they charge. You can live out of halls as I did for 3rd year but it’s very, very hard finding somewhere private. Landlords down there are really selfish and accommodation is a rip off. The locals really hate the students which I found quite funny. Regarding other students at the uni and on my course I felt like I was unfortunate to meet so many bitchy and immature people. It just felt like being at school again. so I’m not sure if it’s the type of people this uni attracts or if this is all unis. If you think the uni will help you when you have a complaint about bullying etc think again. And yes bulling dose happen at unis and nothing is done, pretty appalling. Falmouth regards itself as one of the best for fashion photography and I completely disagree. Your better off going to London, close to where the industry jobs are etc and being close to normality and proper fashion. Falmouth also seem to produce the same type of student with the same style of work. everyone on my course just copied each other’s style, having no idea this will not help them when wanting to look different to future employers. And lastly the university handled Covid really badly. You can’t expect much from art students with no facilities or equipment. However I passed my degree here, with a good grade and I’m glad to see the back of them. Keep Cornwall for holidays not for changing your life.

10 Jun 20

Game Art BA (Hons)

The friends I've made have probably been the best part of my experience. I've met so many likeminded people and have made lots of good memories with them. Falmouth town is actually such a wonderful place as it isn't too crowded and has many shops, most of which are independent businesses. The worst part has been the nightlife noise issue I'd say. Aside from this, my first year has been terrible. I have had a history of mental health issues for many years and moving took a big toll on my health. I was unable to attend most of my classes during first semester due to this, but seeking help from the student services have helped and made me feel better. Classes made me question whether I should've just stayed at home as most of them have their PowerPoint slides uploaded anyway and it was just the teachers repeating what was said on the board. After they're done speaking, we are left to our own devices and many people just end up leaving class an hour or so early since what's there has been done. There is often nothing they provide that gives us an incentive to stay, other than 'there's an assignment', which yes, is a perfectly reasonable reason, but do you really think the class who are barely just adults would stay because of that?

Student
01 Jun 20

Falmouth University

Press & Editorial Photography BA (Hons)

This has felt like an Open University experience. I have learnt more outside of the uni, than within it. Be careful with what course you choose because some lecturers aren't kind to their students. I get along with the music, creative writing and environmental study lecturers rather than my own.