Student reviews of Exeter College

3 Exeter College reviews

• Exeter College

Graphic Communication FdA

You have to be self motivated to build up a social life at Exeter College as there aren't many clubs or social activities, however if you build a good relationship with your peers, that doesn't have to be a problem. The tutors here are knowledgeable and supportive and give their time willingly to assist students with their projects. Interesting briefs are set to build up good portfolios. There are excellent opportunities provided with live briefs. One student was involved with designing for the Rugby World Cup 2015 in Exeter last year and our group provided the branding and promotional designs for a local Animation Festival, which are now in use. The standard of work by the end of the second year can be very good. Last year one of the students was commended by Design Bridge (London) for her packaging designs! I have been happy with my time at Exeter College and hope that they extend the 2 year FDA to a 3 year BA Hons degree in the future.

Graphic Communication FdA

I loved this course - The lecturer was fantastic and very supportive, I feel he taught us in a way that really readied us to go out and get a job straight away. Teaching was for 1 and 1/2 days a week which gave us plenty of time to do research and development independently, an aspect of the course structure I really liked. Briefs were varied and we were all given individual tutorials that enabled us to all experiment and discover where our strengths lie. Personally, the course really helped me to discover what I wanted to do and prepared me for my top-up year at university. Couldn't recommend the course more!

Graphic Communication FdA

Really poor. Supposed to be a full time Fda course and paying for a full time course but we are only in a couple days a week! In my second year now and wish I went to a proper university to study. Do not go here, waste of money and time!