Edinburgh Napier University | Student Reviews

1,160 Edinburgh Napier University reviews

• Edinburgh Napier University
Lucia

Edinburgh Napier University

International Business Management BA (Hons)

I thought that the online teaching was successful. The tutors dealt with this situation in the best way possible. They learned quickly how to manage the lectures and tutorials online, with breakout rooms and presentations. Moreover, the student support was amazing. They gave us updates on the current pandemic situation, advised students on what and what not do and finally gave out free covid rapid tests!

Courtney

Edinburgh Napier University

Interior and Spatial Design BDes (Hons)

This year has been very tough but online teaching and online access to classes and zoom meetings have been very beneficial and good at home, being able to focus on uni and cut the travel has impacted well on my mental health

Psychology BA (Hons)

I feel as though this year I have not connected well at all with my study/course materials. Because I'm in 3rd year, there is already an extra need for self-maintenance of study which has been difficult to achieve this year. I think this year being taught online completely has impacted my motivation and love for my course and academics negatively. However I do understand that for the most part, my lecturers have been there to provide as much help as they can.

Ani

Edinburgh Napier University

Software Engineering BEng (Hons)

Our lecturers are responsive. They do their best so can be taught as much material as needed. Practicals are very helpful and teachers are always willing to hop on a call and answer your questions

Courtney

Edinburgh Napier University

Interior and Spatial Design BDes (Hons)

Overall experience it has been stressful working at home during the pandemic and u have found it hard to use the facilities at home as the uni provides a better facilities to meet the needs of the course but because of travel I live further away and can’t travel in but can’t wait until we can head back to campus

Katja

MSc International Tourism Destination Management

As said before, before the pandemic the course was absolutely amazing and I thought that the support would have been steady! However, with the pandemic, I feel very let down by the university, there was no offers to help with dissertation and I feel that the resources provided were too little and often too late.

Kriss

Edinburgh Napier University

Software Engineering BEng (Hons)

If you want to study at a place where no one cares about what you learn, just about the size of your wallet, where professors have the same level of education as you do but their knowledge is from 20 years ago, go ahead.

V
Victoria

Edinburgh Napier University

Terrible. I would not recommend this university to anyone, it is badly organised and their priority seems to lie in making a profit rather than teaching and supporting students

Krispy
26 Aug 20

MSc Computing with Professional Placement

It has been awful, even before covid. The school messed up everyone's courses, the teachers material is outdated and most are mediocre teachers or highly pretentious. The labs are rubbish, and getting help has been an absolute joke. Taking payment from students is always on time.. surprise. Every other aspect of this university has been an utter nightmare. The computing department is a joke and the school is a waste of time and money.

10 Jun 20

Edinburgh Napier University

Cyber Security and Forensics BEng (Hons)

I havent had a university experience, I have been working at home due to coronavirus (Which is totally understandable) but a blind eye has been turned to PhD studies for the most part, I catch up with someone once a week and that's it.