Edge Hill University | Student Reviews

3,001 Edge Hill University reviews

• Edge Hill University
Ellen

Religion BA (Hons)

I struggled a lot socially, which lead to mental health struggles, due to the lack of activities and the typical ‘university’ experience. I found my course interesting and the lecturers helped as much as they could

Noreen

Edge Hill University

Early Childhood Studies BA (Hons)

It has not been fully met as everything has been online so I feel I did not learn and focus my best. Although it was not the teachers fault , due to the pandemic my overall learning experience has not been great .

Elliott

MA Creative Writing

The MA Creative Writing course is a great course with a lot of materials that are fun and interesting to partake in. The staff are supportive and really want to bring out the potential of every student. The only downside is the rest of the university outside of the course. It feels as though the university higher ups don’t care for students as much as the teaching staff do.

V
Victoria

Edge Hill University

Law with Criminology LLB (Hons)

It has been a frustrating year but Edge Hill has provided great support. I give the experience 4/5 stars simply because I wish the fees had been lowered considering the circumstances.

Sophie

Nursing Associate FdSc

I have really enjoyed my first year at the university and have appreciated all the support and guidance they have provided. They went above and beyond when students have had to self isolate and ensure everyone is safe at all times. I honestly could not fault the university for anything.

Nikola

Edge Hill University

Overall the university is good, as well as most tutors however due to COVID and blended teaching there has been some issues. I’m not the only person who thinks this. For example, the quality of online lectures in some cases is terrible.

Ellis

Television BA (Hons)

Overall this year at uni has been okay. Unfortunately because of lockdown, we haven’t actually managed to create any productions. I feel for all students on practical courses as I know most would be in the same or similar position. Nevertheless, edge hill has managed to try to create a creative space for students still through COVID times, and I still have enjoyed my University experience

Elly

Film BA (Hons)

Despite covid, I have enjoyed my experience at uni this year overall. I have had some minor issues but these were fairly quickly resolved and I have felt supported by the uni throughout my time here so far.

Amy

Biology BSc (Hons)

The overall experience I have received at this university during this academic year has been faultless. The course itself has been thoroughly organised and adapted to virtual learning approaches. When possible, lecturers have remained face-to-face but when online, lectures have continued to be engaging and fascinating. The university offers support in many ways and the facilities on offer are outstanding. The careers team are excellent and provide you with so much information and encouragement. The sports facilities are great and are always clean. The campus itself is beautiful and is always lovely to walk around on a daily basis. I have loved every minute of my time spent at this university.

Zoe

Edge Hill University

Nursing (Child) BSc (Hons)

Was great until I got severely unwell requiring time off- then I became invisible and made to feel like a burden if I spoke out. This includes asking to be included on class registers/groups so I could attend classes/practical sessions.