De Montfort University

1,053 De Montfort University reviews

• De Montfort University

Media and Communication BA (Hons)

Overall, DMU is the place to be! Amazing town with lots of opportunities to socialise, we also benefit from the fact that lots of accommodation are situated closely to DMU unlike Leicester. You will absolutely love it here!

Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Science BSc (Hons)

I love De Montfort University. Everything is near to each other making it easy to access, its right in the city centre so you can walk to the shops at any point you need or want to. Also the staff are very friendly and give you lots of guidance. I am studying Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic science and this is an amazing course. It is really interesting and practical although I am hard at work a lot of the time. I feel like it is definitely worth it and would recommend DMU and specially the course to anyone.

I am just about to finish the BTEC Art Foundation Diploma at DMU. The course is HARD WORK, but it's definitely worth it in giving you the best chance of getting onto the degree course you want. The tutors are fabulous, especially in the Fashion/Textiles pathway (my pathway) and they are really helpful. All of our tutors are practising artists/designers so they know what they're talking about! It also frees you up and makes you think differently, after being so restricted at A Level. The workshops are fabulous and there's something for everyone. The technicians are really helpful in every workshop. Although sometimes it's a bit of a struggle to get facilities/equipment because there's quite a lot of us, I haven't had too much of a problem. We all have our own designated area on Foundation which is nice as you can display work and have your own "home" to keep all of your stuff. The foundation course has been invaluable in securing a place at University of the Arts London, and I feel I have learnt a lot. I would definitely recommend to do this course if you are unsure about what are of art and design you want to go into at degree level, or if you want a year to get your head straight, or try out loads of different things. With regards to the uni: I live at home as the course is free and I live quite close, but I think the halls are okay and not that expensive. Leicester is quite a good city with everything you need and plenty of quirky shops and also some good art shops. The uni itself has a well-stocked art shop. The library can get quite full during the middle of the day and sometimes it's hard to find a computer, but that's expected. It's open 24 hours though. There's some amazing art/design books and I couldn't really ask for much else.

Computing BSc (Hons)

Is ranked as the lowest Uni for a reason. Worst Uni in the world. Trust me you will regret attending it.

Accounting and Business Management BA (Hons)

My Overall experience at De Montfort University has been fantastic. There are a variety of things to keep my self occupied. Not only that but the support the university offers is wonderful.

13 Jun 14

The Campus Itself is lively, with a great student union, cafes, green areas to sit with friends and have a bbq etc. Close by to a river. Everything is in one campus so that you have that nice student "Bubble" feeling. Fine Art building is old but spacious with good size studio spaces. There are plans I think to build a new fine art building so who knows what the spaces will be like then... The tutors are all practitioners themselves and have a great deal of experience in fine art themselves. Do not expect them to applaud you constantly, you will be in for a rough ride of critical judgement, (essential for the fine art world). The job prospects in Leicester are BAD. On the up hand there is a diverse culture and you will learn lots about different types of people. Nightlife is quite good, if you research where to go. Food is quite good. Accommodation is nice, modern and well price