103 dBs Institute reviews

• dBs Institute

BA (Hons) Electronic Music Production

It’s been great but my first year has definitely been effected by the coronavirus! Just looking forward to years 2 and 3 now as things should start improving with the virus, meaning we will have more time in the studios and building relationships with other students leading to collaborations. I feel that you need to be around other like minded people to really excel in the music industry.

Y
Yaz

BA (Hons) Music Production & Sound Engineering

The university has been very supportive but due to struggles with my mental health and the pandemic I have had a hard time and this year has been very difficult for me. Despite this my university have supported me and helped me get access to therapy and academic support.

HB
Harry Burt

BA (Hons) Electronic Music Production

I didn't spend much time with dBs this year even though i did attend every lecture. Unfotunetly we have little time at dBs. What time i did have wasnt very engaging and it felt brief. I'd like it to have been less formal so i know what i can expact to come in the next 3 years. Hopfully the next 2 years to come will be more loose in terms of what we learn with more choice.

Michael

BA (Hons) Live Sound

The current lecturers have made the course a very valuable experience despite the issues caused by the pandemic. With up to date and true to life modules that allow the students to work on their skills, without being pigeonholed into a specific area.

Jacob

BA (Hons) Electronic Music Production

Unbelievable experience, the teachers are incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. The studios and equipment are unreal and don’t compare to many studios you will have to pay for

BA (Hons) Music Production & Sound Engineering

Overall I have been impressed with the quality of the teaching, the engagement on the course and the opportunity to work with other people on a similar journey to yourself. I would definitely recommend the university to a freind

BA (Hons) Music Production & Sound Engineering

I am not sure I want to continue the course after first year. This is not down to the course itself but to my own personal requirements. The university and tutors have been very supportive in helping me figure this out. Despite this, it has been a great learning experience and I have gained many valuable skills to take onwards with me.

BA (Hons) Music Production & Sound Engineering

Been alright however in terms of "The Uni Experience" you don't really get that because it's just music heads so stuff like societies don't exist at the uni. It's great to be at a uni where everyone wants to do the same thing with similar interests!

Jodie

BA (Hons) Music Production & Sound Engineering

So far I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. There have been stressful times of course, but generally when I've been on top of my work I have been very comfortable with the topics we've covered. The tutors are friendly and helpful and the students are all very accepting of each other. The modules are so interesting and informative and the studio access is priceless and something I strive to take advantage of while I'm still at university.

Jordan

BA (Hons) Music Production & Sound Engineering

Overall the course has been great, I can’t believe how fast 3 years has gone to be honest. I met some incredibly talented people whilst on the course who I will no doubt keep in contact with after the course has finished. In terms of learning, I am approaching the end of the degree with a lot more confidence within myself and the skill set that I have acquired whilst here at dbs. I have also built up some great relationships with the lecturers which I will continue to keep in contact with after I graduate. Currently a masters degree is on the table so there is a definite option that I will continue to study at dbs for that and really focus in on the craft and build a successful future out of it.