Student reviews of Coventry University

961 Coventry University reviews

• Coventry University

Coventry University

TL;DR Might need therapy for how helpless it's made me feel sometimes. Literally no one has your back except your friends, and even people from the uni that want to help you have their hands tied by the university's ridiculous way of doing things. So-so classes, terrible Tier 4 support, and frankly asinine finance system, don't go to Cov Uni unless you're willing to pay a ton of money for a load of nothing. And if you're already enrolled, make sure to do whatever you can to get your money's worth.

Julio

Coventry University

I finished my course successfully and I think it was a worthwhile experience, I enjoyed my course so much and met people from all over the world which gives an extra to the course, since this intercultural interchange gives you different perspectives and understanding from different cultures.

Simon

Fashion BA (Hons)

Appalling experience, in particular within the fashion department. The studio space is inadequate (apparently it is acceptable to work on the floor and ruin expensive materials). Tutors disappeared for long periods of time, to run other courses abroad. Technical support staff are rude and unhelpful, their tea and cake breaks are more important than the needs of paying students. Timetabling is all over the place, often different to what has been scheduled and end up missing vital content or turning up for nothing. Tutors are unorganised and ill prepared. This was made aware to the complaints department, who swiftly dismissed any of these claims and made up excuses and lied through their teeth, despite evidence and witness statements. My advice is to go elsewhere, this place does not deserve your money. Poor excuse of an educational institute.

Simon
23 Aug 18

Fashion BA (Hons)

anon

Coventry University

Uni social life was amazing, course itself was not. Lecturers would tell us off for complaining about lack of animation and then would make us retake surveys if they weren't happy about the answers.

Febriyanto

Coventry University

so far not bad, because i just here about 2 months, great university, and their service is exelence, the only bad thing is because of the coventry condition it self, i stay at terry road, and as far as i know, along the road from home to the univ, the road is so dirty.

JW
Josephine Wairimu Ndirithi

Coventry University

My experience has been one memorable one form my undergraduate to my postgraduate. I have met amazing people from all over the world, learned their cultures and vice versa which made me have such an open mind to life. I got the chance to have an amazing friendship with some of my lecturers till date who mentor me. Coventry university as a whole gave me an international experience that I will be forever grateful.

JA
Juwayriyah Ali

Coventry University

first year was dreadful but this year I'm starting to enjoy it even though the stress is eating my head off. I made some pretty good friends but I don't think they would be my friends for life.

firdous

Coventry University

The experience has been life changing! It pushes you to think abstract, to allow your ideas to flourish and be contested and rethought. It is a space where I have truly grown and I will be sad to eventually leave

Chantelle

Coventry University

So far, university has been a rollercoaster. I've considered transferring universities as I've found it hard to socialise and make friends with people on my course. However I've decided to stick with the course as it has a lot of benefits, closer to home and has great employability options.