Coleg Sir Gar

5 Coleg Sir Gar reviews

• Coleg Sir Gar
John Manley

Photography BA (Hons)

Overall a very good and rewarding experience, the main benefit of attending the BA (Hons) Photography course at Coleg Sir Gar is that you will be given the very best support to achieve your goals by lecturers who demand hard work but have a record of achieving the best.

Adam

Photography BA (Hons)

Brilliant, fantastic and amazing. If I could go back and do it all over again I would in a heart beat. The staff become friends that you can openly talk to about your issues and help push you in the right direction. Since leaving I have completed the Artist in resident, taken part in several exhibitions and been involved in a co art project about isolation and health. I look at everything different to what I done before.

Siân

Photography BA (Hons)

I loved it at Coleg Sir Gâr so much I didn't want to leave! The overall experience of studying there was just about the best 3 years of my life, something I will never forget. A fab warm friendly college who has its students backs! Tutors over flowing with knowledge theyre wanting to share with the students.

HC
Hannah Christie

Multidisciplinary in Art & Design BA (Hons)

Although Carmarthen School of Art is a small campus, it has excellent facilities and the teaching is exceptional. The tutors are lovely, helpful, and creative people themselves who are actually passionate about what they’re teaching. As students we have access to studio and workshop spaces with two full days a week on campus to work independently, making use of our studio spaces and the facilities available to us, as well as the time outside of teaching on days we have it timetabled. Tutors are friendly, supportive, and encouraging, and technicians are always available to help too. Learning support at the college is excellent and the Access Centre who handle DSA assessments are fantastic too, if I had this much support while I was at school I would have had a much better experience. The school of art doesn’t have its own students Union but seems to share one with neighbouring UWTSD campus which is fine, but I feel out of place going there as someone who lives at home and commutes to college rather than living in student accommodation nearby. Many students do this (live at home not in student accommodation) and it feels like we miss out on some of the student experience as we’re not on or nearby campus/the students Union, so it’s harder to find time or feel like it’s my place to be part of SU activities. If you expect somewhere big and busy like London you’ll be disappointed, but as someone who finds large cities overwhelming CSoA is perfect for me. Overall I’m really enjoying my degree, there are lots of trips to galleries (within the local area and further afield like London), I feel supported and encouraged by my tutors and learning support, studio spaces and facilities are excellent, students are listened to through student reps, and I wholeheartedly recommend Carmarthen. Before my degree I also did a foundation course here which was fantastic and set me on course to find the degree and career I want.

Timothy

Photography BA (Hons)

The quality of the equipment available is top notch . The technician ,a talented photographer himself , is a real gentleman who listens to your requirements and helps you . Very approachable . The college is very friendly. Nice place to just chill if need be. The stars of the photography course are the lecturers. The head honcho , lights your fire , here is someone who really loves his profession and art generally. This man is alive , but not overbearing either just keen to get the most out of what you want to do. He is a breath of fresh air of a human being. Someone who has a keen eye on what’s going on in the outside world and makes sure you are connected both with what your doing in your studies but as important helping you get the tools together for when you leave . Charming and kind . this department is switched on it’s been a pleasure to be here.