The Northern School of Art

27 The Northern School of Art reviews

• The Northern School of Art
Jennifer

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

My first year I thought was very good and I had a lot of fun, but the student accommodation that i lived in in my 1st and 2nd year was appalling, everything was always broken and never got fixed. went 3 months in winter without hot water at pone point. my 2nd and 3rd year are okey but I have noticed that in the 1st year the staff are very nice to you and the teaching is quite good, after some time you notice how much its lacking and that they don't care about a lot of things. Student union has improved over the 3 years but it is still something i do not involve my self in as its all very pointless and doesn't help your work at all.

HL
Hannah Leighton

Costume Interpretation with Design BA (Hons)

My university experience has been excellent as it has allowed me to grow and develop in both my making and working skills as well as my personal skills, relationships and life. I have felt supported when I moved away from home for the first time and I felt that I could speak to people if needed and the university was very welcoming and helpful.

ST
Suzanne Treacy

Textiles & Surface Design BA (Hons)

I joined as a direct entry into Level 5 and my experience so far has been very favourable. Before term started, a whole week of extra workshops were arranged for us and any time we want extra demonstrations, they have been arranged. We can also join other groups for extra demos if we wish. I have found everyone to be very helpful and encouraging. There were a few teething issues as the building was brand new in September but they were contracting issues and out of the control of the college. They have since been sorted and things are running smoothly now.

KM
Kirsty Milnes

Textiles & Surface Design BA (Hons)

I love uni. I’m having the time of my life and I’m so glad I chose CCAD. I went to another institution before that was quite frankly a joke; so when I moved here it was so nice and reassuring to find myself in a professional work environment surrounded by nice people and supportive staff.

JL
Janice Lee

Film, TV & Theatre Production BA (Hons)

Ive loved every second wish i could do it all again the students and lecturers are amazing and so supportive . The onsite studios and facilities are first rate

Rebecca

Textiles & Surface Design BA (Hons)

I really love being at CCAD. I have learned so many skills that have made me a much better designer as well as ready for a job in the creative industry. Over the 3 years I have met friends that will now be friends for life

AK
Alice Kilday

Textiles & Surface Design BA (Hons)

Has been an experience that always pushes me to do better, constantly learning new information and techniques whilst making new friends and enjoying the course thourally. I like the structure of the modules, scattered rather than one big assignment as it encourages you to do better and improve once given feedback from the previous module.

Lizzie

Textiles & Surface Design BA (Hons)

I’ve loved every second. The tutors are so passionate and the opportunities are great. Your really encouraged to go for work placements and the trips are awesome

KJ
Kate Jones

Textiles & Surface Design BA (Hons)

I love it it's been a great experience as I live a long way from the uni so It was new for me as I had move away from home. The uni is like a big family and are always willing the help. I have not only learned new skills from doing a textile degree but also life skills and connections that will follow me with what I want to do in the future.

AH
Andrew Huck

Production Design for Stage & Screen BA (Hons)

This university has been exactly what I needed, coming from a rural background I am used to small schools where I know everyone and this is achievable in CCAD. The tight nit community is what makes it stand out, my only fear, and it is a large one, is that the introduction of the new courses and trying to make bigger classes will destroy this community and the main advantage of the university, forcing it to become like every other university, where the tutors dont know your name and you rarely see them, where you aren't part of the family of CCAD