Cardiff University

1,330 Cardiff University reviews

• Cardiff University
IM
Isabel meacham

Journalism, Media and English Literature BA (Hons)

There are a lot of study spaces available and some facilities are open 24hrs which is very helpful during exam periods. The SU is a great place to study and the new addition of the CSU is amazing. If you need support with academic issues, career planning or mental health there are people able to help and offer support. Some buildings are outdated especially in regards to subject specific building such as the John Percival and ASSL library. Funding doesn’t seem to go towards more creative and humanity based subjects.

CP
C P Murphy

Archaeology BA (Hons)

Cardiff is a great little city. It’s got all the amenities you could want and the staff go out of their way to help you. The new students union building is nice and has potential. As a mature student I don’t feel out of place and am welcomed with open arms.

Rishab

Business Management (Marketing) BSc (Hons)

As an international student I was a bit nervous coming to the UK especially wales as I didn’t know much about the culture. However I believe studying at Cardiff university was very helpful as it held many events for international students to get to know wales better, encouraged students by giving city and university tours as well as the university has a lot of societies that students could join. Also Being a transfer student I was given more information regarding academic structure that Cardiff followed which aided me in my learning. However in regards to my course which I am studying at Cardiff feels a bit outdated than what students should be taught as business is a subject that is constantly changing and learning about the current state and methods should be a priority.

Purvi

International Public Relations and Global Communications Management (MA)

Well our Uni has facilities but the academics is not well planned at all. My course especially has no structure , no practice and no practicals involved , we just get assignments without proper guidance. After looking at the uni life , maybe i shouldn't have spent this much money here.

Lily
First gen student

History BA (Hons)

Lots of available spaces for studying especially with a 24/7 library as well as supportive members of staff who respond fast to emails. However there could be more in person teaching to improve the experience.

VG
Viviana Greco

Psychology PhD

Worst: PhD students are very isolated and more can be done to make them feel more integrated Best: everyone I work with is extremely generous and happy to help! I'm amazed by that

VV
Vaishnevy Vikneswaran

Bar Training Course (LLM)

It’s a nice place to be, had both the city life and a little bit of the smaller town vibe. Has the facilities of a city but cheaper than London, with great access to other parts of wales and England

AK
Anubharathi Krishnakumar
First gen student

Urban Design (MA)

I love the university and the course and the top ranking, but I had faced lot of worst experience in UK. I'm new to an international exposure and I had joined late to the university. There was no support to explain about the university and how to get support. I felt very odd because I won't have friends and there was no one to support me during my first semester. Unfortunately I had faced an worst experience on my residence on that time I called police and university but no one was there to help me because of Christmas holidays I was on road without home for a whole night, because I don't know the housing rules over here and some people cheated me. In this situation I was highly stressed and rushed to complete my assignment and end up in bad marks now.

Mahdi

Biomedical Sciences BSc (Hons)

Cardiff is great! Great facilities and fun things to get up to in the city!

AA
Amy Anderson

Medicine MB BCh

Is a great place to study, with a great nightlife too. However being split between the Heath and Cathays campuses can be annoying as they are a 30 minute walk from each other.