Cardiff Metropolitan University

AB
Anusree Bhowmick
SECOND YEAR

Food Science & Technology Masters - MSc/PgD/PgC

A bigger campus would be helpful and there are no further changes to make.

Reviewed: 26 March 2022
ST
Stacey Tadiwa Mundembe
FIRST YEAR

Accounting and Finance (3 Years or 4 Years including Foundation) BA (Hons)

Firstly, I would say the infrastructure at Cardiff Met is really nice and the lecturers make sure students understand.

Reviewed: 26 March 2022
RN
Romany Newby-Chugg
THIRD YEAR

Primary Education (3-11) with QTS BA (Hons)

Cardiff met is a very good uni and there is lots of support for pupils. My best experience was having teaching opportunities such as forest schools to better my own teaching practice. My personal worst aspect was with my research project, I feel although more support could be in place.

Reviewed: 25 March 2022
TS
Talal Saeed

Strategic Marketing Masters - MSc/PgD/PgC

Cardiff metropolitan university has brought a lot of change in my life regarding how to set up my goals for the future , the university has helped me in my course with there amazing faculty and the facilities provided with in the university campus, from library to the student union , The university atmosphere really helps a lot in focusing in the study's and the examination evaluation criteria of the university is very different and very efficient.

Reviewed: 24 March 2022
Tung

Education: TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) - MA

1. Strengths: - The university has excellent support for students, especially in terms of career service. There are numerous career workshops throughout the school year to enhance students' employability skills. We can also easily book one-on-one appointments to receive advice on how to tailor our CV and cover letter to employers' requirements, or how to answer interview questions, etc. - There are also many workshops on academic skills so international students can be aware of academic norms in the UK. - Students also have access to a number of opportunities to study and work abroad, be it on a short-term or long-term basis, and the university offers partial or full funding for those opportunities. - As an international student, all my concerns are addressed in a timely manner. Whenever I email anyone at the university, I receive a reply within 1-2 days. 2. Areas of improvement: - The number of copies for some books in the library needs increasing. Another alternative could be making them available online so that we all have access. - The scheme of having dogs or cats on campus to improve students' well-being during exams and assignments should be resumed. - The university could arrange trips to other cities in the UK so that students can meet up and interact more with each other.

KS
Kush Shinde
FOURTH YEAR+

Human Resource Management - MSc/PgD/PgC

I could not honestly ask for a better Uni than Cardiff Met. Been here since 2017, did my undergrads in Business and Management with a year out in industry and now studying and MSc in Human Resource Management and have further plans to do a PhD. The reason I’ve stayed here is the student staff support and facilities both the campuses are posh and filled with latest tech. Staff are friendly and beyond helpful. I don’t have any negative comments for the Uni as from my perspective it meets all my expectations

SO
Solomon Omosebi
SECOND YEAR

International Business Management - MSc/PgD/PgC

Non

Jack
FIRST YEAR

Business and Management (Human Resource Management) BA (Hons)

The university itself is good but it’s location in relation to the city centre isn’t great. Expensive taxi rides (as buses stop early). Not much going in terms of student life with the uni compared to Cardiff Uni.

Reviewed: 21 March 2022
BM
Bahtiyar Mollaahmed
FIRST YEAR

Psychology (3 years or 4 years including Foundation) BSc (Hons)

Pros: Lecture topics are really interesting Classrooms are nice Support for students about assessments are amazing General support( mental health, wellbeing etc.) is on point Cons: Not everyone is at same level in lectures and that makes me feel like I’m wasting some time Not enough help for eu students (financial etc.)

Reviewed: 20 March 2022
CW
Chloe White
FIRST YEAR

Sport and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)

Good facilities for sport but sports teams there is not enough teams/opportunities for everyone who wants to participate. Also the SU could be improved massively to help bring together everyone not just the rugby and hockey socials

Reviewed: 17 March 2022