Student reviews of Cardiff Metropolitan University

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
V
Vaughan

Textiles BA (Hons)

Transferred to a more progressive Univesity to pursue my dream of becoming a Textile Designer. I was so upset at having to uproot my life and begin somewhere new again. My overall experience of Textile Design at Cardiff Met was a negative one. The course relied far too much on documentation found on Moodle. My cohort had to start a Facebook page so we would be able to support each other with questions on where to find specific documents, sharing best practive, and generally trying to navigate the rocky pastures of the 1s Year @ Cardiff Met.

Terri

Sport Coaching and Performance HND

So far my experience has been positive and enjoyable. The class I am with are all friendly and get on very well. All practical subjects have been extremely enjoyable and competitive. As you would expect of a class made up of sports people . Learning new sports that you may not have participated in before is a great new way to learn new skills, my experience has been a good one. And I have enjoyed the friendships that have been made during this course.

Jordan

Sport Coaching and Performance HND

I had a good experience in the first year and so far the second year has also been good. The course is enjoyable and well worth the effort and time. I would tell future students that if you’re worried about university and that step in, a HND like the one in Bridgend is a perfect place to start. It gives you the university feeling and work in which you need to complete but you have more support than you would find in a university campus.

DP
Darren porre

Sport Coaching and Performance HND

Been good but this year has been tough with the absense of our main tutor and other lecturers been a bit of a mess this year, much more organisations needs to go into where lessons are especially practical which has been very neglected this year.

Sophie

Sport Coaching and Performance HND

I’ve had my best days and the worst days due to stress. The best days are getting along with other peers. Having a laugh and going out in the nights! Assignments are very stressful. My opinion is to not leave them last minute

Ios

Cardiff Metropolitan University

Architectural Design and Technology BSc (Hons)

Very stressful - not clear enough explanation of deadlines ect. and where to find material

Josh

Cardiff Metropolitan University

PR and Marketing Management BA (Hons)

Ifeatli

Business Administration MBA

It is being an awesome experience, learnt about various cultures

Arnissa

Cardiff Metropolitan University

International Business Management (3 Years or 4 Years including Foundation) BA (Hons)

Completely fine but is is clear to recognise that in 2nd year lecturers leave you to do what needs to be done as opposed to 1st year

Gwenllian

Cardiff Metropolitan University

Business and Management (3 Years or 4 Years including Foundation) BA (Hons)

Uni very modern, accommodation is bad, living in halls but far from uni. Makes it more expensive